Good sound System

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_tabrez

Right off the assembly line
I currently have Mercury 440 Stereo Speakers, and interested in upgrading them.
I am quite new to this can anyone help me out in buying a correct Speaker set, probably 3.1 channel. Please let me know the product name and the cost.
Thanx.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well MERCURY spealers do giv sum problems in the later stages of their hearing experiences..
U can go for Speakers from sum reputed brands available in the market like--:

1.)Altec Lansing -- Zeta Technologies www.zetaindia.com
2.)Artis www.artic.co.in ,Kunhar Peripherals www.kunhar.com

U can get the correct prices by e-mailing them.DO NOT go for MERCURY speakers as i too hv a 980W Mercury speakers and it gives a lot of problems while playing any type of Audio at high volume..

cheers n peace.. :)

tabrez said:
I currently have Mercury 440 Stereo Speakers, and interested in upgrading them.
I am quite new to this can anyone help me out in buying a correct Speaker set, probably 3.1 channel. Please let me know the product name and the cost.
Thanx.

What's your price range? Also, I haven't yet come across a 3.1 setup. Did you mean 2.1 by any chance?

Altec Lansing ATP3's are good for their price. Will cost you slightly upwards of INR 3000. Creative Inspire 2500 are quite decent and are cheaper. You shouldn't be looking at anything below this price/performance point, unless you're seriously short of cash ( or unable to distinguish good quality sound due to faulty hearing :wink: )

-Keith

OP
I

imported_tabrez

My budget is of Rs.4000 not more than that.
Keith Sebastian said:
Also, I haven't yet come across a 3.1 setup. Did you mean 2.1 by any chance?
I already told u i am new to this.
You suggest me wht should i or wht can i buy.

Geforce

Journeyman
A good Sound Card is as important as the Speakers.

You should go in for at least Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1. Will cost around 2300/-

I know a lot of poeple will kill me for recommending the following but if you want good sound at very cheap price go for Intex 3000W 4.1 speakers, will cost you around 1800/-. Its much better than mercury....and other cheap brands.

Starting range of creative speakers like creative inspire 4.1 or 5.1 are not very good at bass.

If you are not willing to buy Sound card now which i would recommend you.... for your budget go for Altec lansing.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
sorry geforce but ur suggestion seems to be bit theoritical....

agree that external creative soundcard use less CPU power and is also good for gaming thru EAX, but this is more imp. when u've multichannel speakers...and intex.. :p well its better NOT to buy speakers then....

as of now i think taberz will be quite happy with a good quality 2.1 speakers and since he has a good budget for 2.1 speakers then i suggest that he shud go for Altec Lansing VS 4121 2.1 speakers...

even if one happens to have a rocket science technology soundcard..it wont matter much unless u've good quality speakers....coz no matter what u try...the average quality speakers will always sound average...however vice versa of this is still manageable...one can still get good sound even with an average soundcard if they have quality speakers....it all ultimately depends on the amp and build quality of speakers

so taberz i suggest that u go for Altec Lansing VS 4121 2.1 speakers..

ENjoy...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can get a decent 4.1 setup from Tech Com with a IR remote control for 2.2k.It has 1 year warranty nd is hell of the best for the money U are paying. Don't get fooled by big names. They are much costlier nd servicing is very difficult.
To check out the products of Tech Com logon to :
www.techcomindia.com

Ucan also consider brands like intex which is equally better nd cheap. U can get a 6000W PMPO 5.1 from intex for around 4k. It is much powerful than the TechCom.

Delpiero

Journeyman
aravind_n20 said:
U can get a decent 4.1 setup from Tech Com with a IR remote control for 2.2k.It has 1 year warranty nd is hell of the best for the money U are paying. Don't get fooled by big names. They are much costlier nd servicing is very difficult.
To check out the products of Tech Com logon to :
www.techcomindia.com

Ucan also consider brands like intex which is equally better nd cheap. U can get a 6000W PMPO 5.1 from intex for around 4k. It is much powerful than the TechCom.
Who needs 6000W . Quality is more important . Go for Creative inspire 4.1 which is at 2.9k or the 5.1 lx520 not sure about it's price ,it'll be around 4.5-5k i think. If you only need 2.1 then Altec lansing ATP3 is a good choice.

OP
I

imported_tabrez

Thanx for the replies.
I have Intel 915GAG board wth onboard sound called Intel High Definition Audio. According to its reviews it is better than any ordinary sound card available in the market. So the sound card isnt a issue now.
I can extend my budget by 1000 ie to Rs.5000 if i can get a decent speaker set.
I am a heavy gamer so would like to have some heavy bass.

Delpiero

Journeyman
tabrez said:
Thanx for the replies.
I have Intel 915GAG board wth onboard sound called Intel High Definition Audio. According to its reviews it is better than any ordinary sound card available in the market. So the sound card isnt a issue now.
I can extend my budget by 1000 ie to Rs.5000 if i can get a decent speaker set.
I am a heavy gamer so would like to have some heavy bass.
It's good that you have an onboard sound of 915. Now make a choice between Creative lx520 or inspire 5.1 5200. Which setup you want? 5.1, 4.1 or 2.1 You should go for a 5.1 setup IMO.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
taberz if u want heavy bass then its better to avoid creative....its not that they are not good in bass, its just that they feel slightly underpowered when compared to altec or logitech sub woofers...

now before coming to any conclusion first of all taberz i want to know that what is the main purpose for which ur buying new speakers...is it music or movies and gaming..??

ur answer to this query will help a lot to decide that which speakers suits u best for ur need and budget...

ENjoy...

OP
I

imported_tabrez

I will have to get onto my job from next month and may not find much time to play games, so basically i need the speakers for music and movies.

imjimmy

Broken In
Even i am looking for a new 5.1 which is not too expensive.

I have been recommended Creative Inspire 5.1 by most people.

My music system broke down - so until i get a new one i would need speakers that can run both on my comp and my DVD player. So that i could alternate them b/w listening to MP3's on the PC and watching DIVx movies on the TV.. I wud use them(speakers) for movies and mp3's... No gaming..

Can anyone plz recommend a speaker system.. wud altec lansing be better than creative.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
tabrez said:
I will have to get onto my job from next month and may not find much time to play games, so basically i need the speakers for music and movies.

Look no further..
Go for Altec Lansing ATP3 ... You'll Love them. 8)

suave_guy

pedal to metal
@taberz...go for ATP3 if u dont want to spend much...but if u need ultimate quality below 5K then go for altec lansing VS 4121...they are basically an upgrade to ATP3

@imjimmy...go for altec lansing VS 3151 5.1 speakers...check out the review given below....and at 6K they are not expensive...
*forum.oobertech.net/index.php?showtopic=394

ENjoy...

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i recommend a JBL system.. price is not too high but quality is really good!!!

a 2.1 system is available for as low as 6-7k

hey there's something for u tabrez :lol:
*img239.echo.cx/img239/3607/untitled9hz.th.png

premrajeev

Journeyman
as u have a high end sound board, go for altec 5.1 speakers as said above..they are simply superb..

And suaveguy is very particular about speakers...

imjimmy

Broken In
@imjimmy...go for altec lansing VS 3151 5.1 speakers...check out the review given below....and at 6K they are not expensive...
*forum.oobertech.net/index.php?showtopic=394

Thanks for that reply.

I will go for either Altec Lansing 4121 4.1 or for the 3151 5.1 depending on how much cash i have left after the other stuff on the pc..

Just wanted to clarify..if i can hook up these Antec Lansing Speakers to my DVD player and TV if the need arises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom