good software to convert photo to VCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasg03

Journeyman
hello
i know the topic already discussed previously but my problem is something different. i am using kodal digital camera which gives me output of 2304*1728 pixel output(gr8 quality).after transfer photos into PC when I wants to convert into VCD i use 2 s/w. 1.pics to avi using image to avi version 1.0.0.5 again 2. i use one converter xilisoft to convert avi to mpg . But now the actual quality reduce. and when i burn as a VCD through nero ,it encode the file so the file watch like some one press the movie from top and bottom,so file quality was finaly i got.... too bad(blurr). I tried 10+ software but i cannot find a single software who fullfill my needs. I need a software which add photos one by one and convert into VCD(in DAT format not in avi or divx or something else). many s/w claims that they do but actually they don't. i tried blaze media pro,ulead photo explorer,photo2vcd_trial,Ulead CD DVD show,IphotoDVD ,digitalmediaconverter, image to avi, and many more. Not a single s/w can do all task they all convert but quality reduce (blurrish --not clear). Any idea about free/shareware/trial version gr8 s/w for converting PHOTO to VCD (MPG/DAT).
thanks
vikas gupta

nil_3

In the zone
Dear vikasg03, your problem arises due to the fact that though in a picture you are getting 2304*1728 pixel resolution, in a VCD your pictures are getting diminished to 352*240(which is the standard resolution for any VCD quality) no matter whatever software you use.

By using Ulead VideoStudio you can convert the photos to DVD(720*576, a much better resolution). Try it, may be you will be satisfied with this quality.

My suggestion is to keep your pictures intact in JPEG format. Modern day standalone DVD players can also play JPEG files. So enjoy your pictures in the fullest resolutions. For viewing in computer you can use ACDSee which will play your pictures as slideshow with /without your favourite background music.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
you can also use microsoft's photostory, which is free and available only to genuine windows, for the purpose. I have found this software fast and efficient.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
You can use Nero 6 or 7 and convert it to VCD. If you want best image quality , burn
it as a data CD and view the images in the DVD player. I have Philips DVD player.
It can show Photo CDs, play MP3 , VCD , DVD. I think almost all DVD Players can.
Philips is more reliable.

OP
vikasg03

vikasg03

Journeyman
thanks everybody
i will try as per ur suggestions. i think the problem is 2304*1700~ pixel. now i reduce it then convert it. One more thing is When i convert as a DVD i got good quality(.mpg file) but again when i convert it into VCD (bcoz i have only VCD player) again Nero encode the file and file compress 2 inch top and bottom both. so the photos looks like pressed photos.
thanks for reply
vikas

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try Picture to TV.
U can add a background music and set random effects while changng pics,,but the o/p is inVCD format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom