Good Browser Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I am able to survive with dial up becoz of plugins. A very good one is Google toolbar for search. But my fav is Naviscope without which I can't browse.Its less than 1mb. Pease tell me about some other plugins.

NAVISCOPE NAVISCOPE ANYONE EVEN HEARD OF IT?
ITS LIKE A GOD.
let me tell u guys something about it
when u click on a link all the components split up and progress bar kind of links show up for all the components like gifs, css, html, txt and all other files. It has an ultra highly configurable ad blocker and prefetcher which too can configure.

1)I use it to prevent virii. I survived without antivirus for 2 years using this. u can tell that a trojan is being downloaded when u go to suspicious sites by looking out for xxxtoolbar and other .cabs.
2) prevent large unnsssary components from being downloaded like a huge logo.swf or pics to 150kb screenshots put up by morons in forums like this one. This helps me a lot while in gamespot by preventing all big 170 kB ads.
3) to get an idea of what is happening. like resolving or attempting connection or how much of the file has been downloaded. Also to know whether u r uploading or downloading or doing both.
4) Cache. It had cache. so I can browse this forum very fast on my 3KBps speed. All avatars r from the cahce. So I don't have any problems with big siggy's or avatars as long as u don't change it very often.
5) to urls of files which indirectly linked. Some of the sites link files don't open in ur download manager. So when the IE downloader starts I just have right click the prgress bar of file and click on option show request. I can get the whole info along with the url.
6) It has trace route and ping abilities.
7) remove bottles necks. There are certain sites which show up only after certain components are downloaded. Some times these are ads from other sites and are almost dead. u just have to stop downloading them by a left click. Immediatley the page gets displayed with x in place of the pic or ad.
8) it also works with other stuff like window update downloader, norton liveupdate, avg updater and many other such updaters.

Bugs:
Shows u wrong download speed

There are many other features I haven't used yet. Mention about that if u know of them.

aadipa

Padawan
using Naviscope from years...
stopped using it for some time.
now started on dexy's request and cannt surf witout it...

[deXter]

Journeyman
Ah, another Naviscope user! Good. We need to inform the newbies and the stubborn ones and encourage them to start using Naviscope , and if they are geek enough, proxomitron too :)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom