Good books for learning C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Professional C++ (WROX, by N. Solter and S. Klepper) if you know C. I am yet to find a better book.
Practical C++ (O' Reilly) is good too.

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Would I be able to find these in most of the bookstores. Or they would be available in only 5-6 shops in the city? If possible tell where can I find these in Delhi

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
@asnvin,

Delhi? You might get it in any moderately big computer book store. You can get it in Landmark or Corssword also.

Last edited:

sourav123

Thinking Different
Please provide name of some good books(paper+e-books) for learning C++ for a B.Tech student.

Hi Ashvin,

Did you check this thread first?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87644

It has links to all free and quality resources for learning programming and some are the best in class.

Let me know if you still have any query.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I always recommend C++ Primer Plus.

The complete learning guide it is.... Easy to get in a bookstore...
The example given in it and the language is so easy that even a n00b (like me for example) can understand it....

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Thanks for all the replies.

sourav123 said:
Hi Ashvin,
Did you check this thread first?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87644
It has links to all free and quality resources for learning programming and some are the best in class.
Let me know if you still have any query.

Yes I did.

aditya.shevade said:

sourav123 said:
Hi Ashvin,

Please note my username is ASNVIN

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
It is a good book, but not very good. Best way to know is read some reviews on amazon. As far as I know, that book is not much good for learning. It is, as the name suggests, a reference, once you master the language.

K

khattam_

C++ How to Program by Dietel & Dietel is what I'm reading.. its superb...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
"Let Us C++" by Yashavant Kanethar is a gud book for understanding the concepts.........but not gud for theory papers in B.Tech, since their is no definitions and stuffs like dat.....he explains the C++ OOP concepts in a chatting like manner through examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom