gone in 60 seconds.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i've xp installed... taskmanager shows svchost.exe runnning....sometimes my pc shutdowns automatically in 60 seconds & also if i end svchost.exe it shutdowns then too... but i don't have blast virus.. so what is it & how 2 cure it...

sailendra

Journeyman
You probably have another variant or the Sasser Worm. Boot into safemode and goto Administrative Tools->Services Find the RPC service, right click and select properties. Under Recovery Tab, change the drop down boxes to read "Take no Action" for all three of them. click apply. Restart your computer and clean the system with a good AV such as Kaspersky or NOD32. Apply any patches from MS Website.
btw are you using XP SP2 ?

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Hello Buddy-

If u get the shutdown message and the countdown frm 60 secs begins just do this.Go to start -> run -> and type " shutdown -a ".That should solve the problem.

sailendra

Journeyman
drgrudge said:
why dont u get a patch from any antivirus websites?

well before he gets it, the system reboots... lol

If u get the shutdown message and the countdown frm 60 secs begins just do this.Go to start -> run -> and type " shutdown -a ".That should solve the problem.
thats only temporarily, it will soon return...

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
svchost.exe is system file .. services host or something like that .. nothing wrong if its running

other than that you've got blaster or sasser worm
*www.tweakxp.com/tweak2108.aspx
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom