Going to bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, Looks like I should take the membership of makemytrip.com now *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif

I got my GD & PI call from Christ College Bangalore on the basis of MAT February Score of 719/800. The GD & PI is on 29th March at 11:30 am in Christ College campus, now I have joined my old job again recently however I will leave it if I get admission in Christ College in MBA Finance.

So, whose from Bangalore? Some guys I know are Anirudh & Shekhar Sahu who is also a UI/UX designer. I will be staying with my sister there at her friend's home (have to be 100% good boy this time *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/3.gif) & will inform here about which area the home is in.

I will reach Bangalore on 28 march by flight, GD & PI on 29th March after that on 30 I plan to meet friends, will it be possible for you guys to come on 30 March being Sunday? I will meet my ex-Boss & childhood friend working in H.P. I will leave Bangalore on 1st April by flight so I have 30 March & 31 March to roam & shop or flirt...:D

I was in bangalore for 6 months already in K.R. Puram area, Pai Layout.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Congrats on your good score :) Let us know which area you'll be staying. Let's see if I can make it for a Digit meet this time. I've never made it :( K.R.Puram is quite far from the city. Not really a great place :p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I dunno if I'll be able to meet you during that time as I would be heading to Belgaum (to get some documents from my ug University) and prolly then to Mumbai. Lets see what happens. So you've finally finalized the colg, eh?

chicha

High without substance...
welcome dude, i really hope there is a meet soon.
we will have to dig up that thread.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I was in K.R. Puram at that time, but now I will not stay there. I will be staying at my sister's friend's home.

@ Anirudh

Personally, I find the job way better. The way I have started I will be earning 4.5 lakh a year anyway at the end of 2 years. If I do MBA, I will earn about the same salary after 2 years, but I will also need to pay the fees etc, isn't it.

The one difference is that I will be a maanger in 2 years after doing MBA, but if I continue the job, then I will be at manageral position after 4 years at least, which I like more as 4 years street smartness is better then 2 years street smartness + 2 years book smartness. :D

Still, there is no harm in giving it. I have asked all my friends who went o christ college for GD & PI to tell me the topics they got etc...will come handy.

Let me know if u can meet, I will tell u the place I will stay at tomorrow.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
True.. but how secure is your present job? I know what your job is.. and thats why I'm asking that! ;)

Anyways, PG is always good in the long run. Good luck.

Yeah, lemme know the place. I'll see if I can make it. But other should be able to meet you :)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
BTW what is your current job?

UI/UX designer for a "Company" I like a lot :D.

Freelancing as a architectural design artist using 3ds Max.

True.. but how secure is your present job? I know what your job is.. and thats why I'm asking that! ;)

See, earning money isn't hard, but earning money while doing something I like to do is better. The best plan I have in mind is to seriously work as a designer for some years & then do executive MBA. That is better with what I m doing right now, as there isn't any designer centric MBA in India.

The only other MBA I liked was MBA IT from SCIT Pune or I2IT Pune but I did not get selected in SCIT & I2IT forms are not out yet.

If I get selected in MBA Finance in Christ College, then I have no problem in going with it.

Now I like to flirt a lot but earning money by flirting is considered illegal in India :D.....so I m working with the "company" as a UI designer trainee & also free lancing for 3d work.

Last edited:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
^^lol

welcome to bengaluroo THE TRAFFIC JAM CITY

today also i will be late for my college :sad: coz of the traffic

welcome to bangalore.
if you want to hear about the nightmaers faced by a mumbaikar in bangalore, PM Asfaq.
The food here is simply awssome. Especially the chinese, northy and chats part.
Its also really affordable compared to cities like Ahmedabad.
You might have a cultural shock here, but you can live.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Sorry, missed it!!!

Well, Looks like I should take the membership of makemytrip.com now *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif
If you are looking for the best deals on flight tickets refrain from sites like these unless you book with them and travel for at least 3 times a week! (I mean heavy booking).

The best deals are found directly on the carrier's website. You can however take the help of rediff/indiatimes air tickets' list. You would get an idea of the average rate you can get.

The one difference is that I will be a maanger in 2 years after doing MBA, but if I continue the job, then I will be at manageral position after 4 years at least, which I like more as 4 years street smartness is better then 2 years street smartness + 2 years book smartness. :D
Who said you'd be a Manager after 2 years of pursuing MBA? The state of jobs is quite bad as of now :( The only ones who haf guaranteed jobs with good posts and hikes are ppl from IIMs.

See, earning money isn't hard, but earning money while doing something I like to do is better. The best plan I have in mind is to seriously work as a designer for some years & then do executive MBA. That is better with what I m doing right now, as there isn't any designer centric MBA in India.
Whether you get a good job after MBA or not I'd still suggest that you refrain from getting into job rite now. The reason is that if you work for 2-3 years you'll definintely lose touch of studies. Believe me, it'd be very hard to pursue PG after that. You can get a degree now and then decide whether you wanna take up a job with MBA as backing or continue designing. You haf a choice afterwards. Make full use of it.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
welcome to bangalore.
if you want to hear about the nightmaers faced by a mumbaikar in bangalore, PM Asfaq.

I am a Lucknowiti, we can survive anywhere as long as we have a mobile phone with good balance & credit/debit card / cash. :D

The food here is simply awssome. Especially the chinese, northy and chats part.

1.5 years ago there was only 1 punjabi hotel 2 km away from my home in bangalore. Don't know about the condition now. Meals kha kha ke oob gaya tha.... :p
Its also really affordable compared to cities like Ahmedabad.
You might have a cultural shock here, but you can live.

Dude, I have already lived in Bangalore for 6 months working as a graphics designer in late 2006.

If you are looking for the best deals on flight tickets refrain from sites like these unless you book with them and travel for at least 3 times a week! (I mean heavy booking).

That was a joke anirudh :D

Asfaq

Keyboard addict

i am still remembered around here? *joy* :)

And just to set the record straight, I love Bangalore.. its just that when i was down there last month, the place was a mess with roads dug up et all.. they tell me its raining in tht part of the world right now, so it'll b absolute bliss right now! :)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Since I will be roaming useless in Bangalore on 31 March with nothing to do, I have decided this day to meet everyone if possible. Who can come on 31 March somewhere?

Also, I need some help. Can anyone tell me where can I buy Cooler Master Hyper L3 CPU cooler & Microsoft Digital Media 3000 keyboard in Bangalore? I want to buy these on my trip this time if they are available.

If possible, can someone inquire the cost & shop name & tell me here so that I can directly go to the shop on 31st without wasting time. It would be better if someone can join me. I will be leaving Bangalore by flight on 1st April.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
i am still remembered around here? *joy* :)

And just to set the record straight, I love Bangalore.. its just that when i was down there last month, the place was a mess with roads dug up et all.. they tell me its raining in tht part of the world right now, so it'll b absolute bliss right now! :)

Offtopic: Oh man you are here.. Nice to see u

shadow2get

In the zone
Since I will be roaming useless in Bangalore on 31 March with nothing to do, I have decided this day to meet everyone if possible. Who can come on 31 March somewhere?

Also, I need some help. Can anyone tell me where can I buy Cooler Master Hyper L3 CPU cooler & Microsoft Digital Media 3000 keyboard in Bangalore? I want to buy these on my trip this time if they are available.

If possible, can someone inquire the cost & shop name & tell me here so that I can directly go to the shop on 31st without wasting time. It would be better if someone can join me. I will be leaving Bangalore by flight on 1st April.

This is the one of the 2 dealers for Cooler Master products in Bangalore. I had been to this shop to enquire about PSU's & Cabinets.

Zoom Computers
Landline: 080 - 22295643
Mobile: 93421 32858
This is located in SP Road. Call him up. (forgot the guy's name)

Microsoft Products ... you will get it in most of the shops.
I will let you know much about the price & shop later.

March 31st being a weekday ... not sure abt meeting up.
AFAIK, MHG is doing his blog & site, I think he can spare a few hours with you that evening. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom