Go Beyond Vista – It's Time to Get a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Go beyond Vista? It's time to get a Mac? Well, Apple managed to take the anti-Windows marketing campaign one step further. In the aftermath of Windows Vista's commercial availability, Apple
has gone beyond the “Get a Mac” video commercials and even beyond the claims that Vista is ripping-off Mac OS X. Apple is now promoting Mac OS X as a superior offer to Vista.

Make no mistake about it. Apple is still “advancing the world's most advanced operating system”. And Apple will still be advancing the world's most advanced OS until the end of March. Meanwhile, Windows Vista is here. And you know what... go ahead, since it's time to get a Mac, get one. Just make sure that it is powered by Intel. Windows Vista runs excellent on Intel-based Macs.

You will be able to see examples of Apple's “Go beyond Vista” campaign in the company's stores. The clerks there have begun wearing the new anti-Vista uniform – T-shirts with pictures of an iMac and the “Go beyond Vista” motto. There are also stand-ups with the same message, only this time Apple is even advising: “It's time to get a Mac.”

Additionally, there have been complaints that Apple's Vista-mocking campaign has made its way into spam. In fact, Apple has begun spamming people with “Go beyond Vista” emails. Yes, that is a new “high” for Apple. I wonder what's next? Releasing Vista PoC exploits?

“Go beyond Vista. It's time to get a Mac. If you're thinking of upgrading to Vista, you'll probably need a new computer. Why not get a Mac? It's simpler, more secure, and way more fun. And it works with the stuff you already have, like printers and cameras. So before you upgrade anything, you owe it to yourself to check out a Mac.”

Source

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
I just decided to buy a mac based on Aryayush's advice. I looked at the mac at the apple store in forum and fell in love with it. Not that Im against Windows Vista. This means that I am neutral. I will be using both these operating systems in the Macbook that I will buy next week! :)

47shailesh

Security Exp
Very well said... But in india it's hard to adopt...it will take time

In my words "Agar hindustaniyo ko Nokia phone hi kharidna hai to Sony ericson chahe kuch bhi bana le hinsutani NOKIA hi karidega" ))

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The problem with Apple or Mac is not their hardware. They have some of the most beautiful hardware designs out there. iMac G4 was a piece of art, but the real problem with Apple is their whining attitude, arrogance of macboys who think they are somewhat elite in computing, when they hardly know anything about computing or technology & their marketing strategy

borg

In the zone
@GX
hmmm...as far as Apple is concerned, they will obviously try to promote their product & try to say that they are better than everyone else. I mean which company won't do that?. How many companies will say that the opposition is better?. I don't think your criticism of Apple is justified.

amitava82

MMO Addict
i believe there is another thread for MAC VS Window$. so if u guys wanna fight then get lost from this thread n go there... this is not a place to fight.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
freebird said:
Mac -does it have those 3D effects that Linux(compiz/beryl) and vista have..
Vista does not have anything 3D apart from Flip 3D.

Both Vista's interface and the effects and Beryl are heavily inspired from Mac OS X. Exposé, desktop cube, genie effect, dock, etc. are all features of the Mac platform. :)

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
well i was impressed by mac..and yes its too good to play..yes only play..

coz for me xp is everything...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, then there wouldn't be anything exclusive about it, would there? 8)
It is the funniest commercial ever. People download and watch these commercials.

And even apart from this series, Apple generally has the best commercials around. See this one. If that isn't funny as well as informative, I do not know what it.

Last edited:

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I got a laptop installed with vista for 550$ ( Rs 24000) what will a Mac cost me?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Re: Go Beyond Vista – It's Time to Get a Mac

aryayush said:
Both Vista's interface and the effects and Beryl are heavily inspired from Mac OS X. Exposé, desktop cube, genie effect, dock, etc. are all features of the Mac platform. :)
desktop cube is in mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom