Gmail's long awaited feature released

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Everybody wanted a delete button in Gmail. For this we had to use Extension of Firefox. Also there was no option for IE and Opera browsers. Now Gmail has added the much awaited delete button in Gmail Interface.

*mail.google.com/mail/help/images/delete_btn2.gif

I realized when the button Delete in bold stopped working and my eyes fell upon 2 delete buttons. I removed the extension for firefox and then used button by Gmail. It worked!

Gmail is really listening to the users and with this the gap between Gmail and other mail providers is decreasing and Gmail one day will wipe all other mail services! What do you say?

goobimama

 Macboy
I guess the whole "never delete an email" thing didn't really catch on...

Gmail is the best out there....IMO...

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
thnx for the info buddy and i hav also been waiting for this feature for a long time and now its finally out!!

godsownman

Padawan
Yes, they do listen to their users , I have noticed that umpteen number of times.

Regarding this button, I did not really miss it , it was just 2 clicks rather than the standard one click.So I cannot understand what's the hype about.

Regards

godsownman

Padawan
shwetanshu said:
tarey_g said:
i am still waiting for the folders funcion , that label thing is not enuf
y?? u can archive them, that then worx as a folder

anywyaz thnx for the info man

BTW archiving doesnt work as a folder , its like a big dump yard with mails being stored in the All mail folder.

Anyway who needs Folders when you can just archive and search .

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
well archieve is great, all mails are there, and once u practise the habit of leveling or set custom filters u dnt need to delete any mail

tuXian

In the zone
godsownman said:
BTW archiving doesnt work as a folder , its like a big dump yard with mails being stored in the All mail folder.

Anyway who needs Folders when you can just archive and search .

A combo of Labels and arhiving is what the next gen GMail system sans folder is all about!

mkmkmk

In the zone
thanks for nice information after reading ur post i opened gmail to check that only,,and fall in love with gmail again

Andyiz

Journeyman
navjotjsingh said:
Everybody wanted a delete button in Gmail. For this we had to use Extension of Firefox. Also there was no option for IE and Opera browsers. Now Gmail has added the much awaited delete button in Gmail Interface.

*mail.google.com/mail/help/images/delete_btn2.gif

I realized when the button Delete in bold stopped working and my eyes fell upon 2 delete buttons. I removed the extension for firefox and then used button by Gmail. It worked!

Gmail is really listening to the users and with this the gap between Gmail and other mail providers is decreasing and Gmail one day will wipe all other mail services! What do you say?

I admit gmail didnt give the DELETE facility b4
But it had alternative option of moving the Mails to trash.
Once the mail is moved to trash its doesnt count to ur storage space alloted. Correct me if i am wrong

Furthermore,Y would anyone Del any mails if u got more than 2GB space
This was the idea Behind GMAIL.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
i also need that folder feature. By folder, i mean that i want all the digit notifications to go to in a folder named DIGIT automatically and do not show up with my other mails. u know.....

goobimama

 Macboy
Folders suck! Labels are much more versatile than Folders. You can apply two or more labels to a message but have to put it in one solitary folder...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
goobimama said:
Folders suck! Labels are much more versatile than Folders. You can apply two or more labels to a message but have to put it in one solitary folder...

labels are good , but i like to keep my mails catagorized in folders as i keep my files in my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom