1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Gmail sending virus?

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by RCuber, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCuber

RCuber The Mighty Unkel!!! Staff Member

Hi , I got calls from a few friends recently asking me why i was sending virus from my gmail account. i was shocked so i scanned my pc and it did detect a virus . by the time i noticed the virus name the dialog was closed. after that i formated my hdd and changed my gmail password. since then there was no complaints. Today i got a call from my cousin telling me about the same thing . now i am confused as my virus defs are up to date and spybot SD detected only a single tracking cookie( i dont remember the name it was some thing like "A... A , Inc" ). I updated my defs and did a full system scan it did detect One Trojan (dont remember the name). . recently i recives some mail from my friend and my AV detected it as blackmal immediately and deleted it. I have configured opera as my email client so i seldom use the web interface.Im now wondering if my pc is sending a virus or any one doing it. Is this a known problem ??

I use WinXP Pro with ZA security suit as my AV and firewall.

thanks
    Charan

EDIT:oops :oops: It did detect a single trojan

2. mvishnu

mvishnu New Member

hey

that must b blackmal virus.. i had the same... dload the blackmal removal tool.

3. rajkumar_personal

rajkumar_personal Ignorance is BLISS !!

It happened to me as well, sometime ago !

I couldn't locate the source (I'm good at doing stuff for which headers of an email is required :wink:) but failed ! (guess I'm not good enough !)

it has nothing to do with GMail mailing viruses !
    That's for sure !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.