gmail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Hi,

Is there an option/filters in gmail for automatically marking the mails from certain ID to be "READ". And also, is there any filter for allowing certain mails after being read to be applied the label and to be skipped off the inbox?? I mean, the filter in this case should check for read mail for a particular id and if its read, then the filter should "skip the inbox" and "apply the label"

thks,
legolas.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Yes

Create a Filter in gmail

cilcke test search

it will search for mails

now apply

Skip the inbox
Star it
apply label and label name

and dont forget to check checkbox called "Also apply to following * number of conversions"

simple

cheers!

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
You can also go for outlook express, conf it for gmail, and then use rules. Use any number of customisation after that

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
what filter can i create for it to use "mark as read"??? I read in googlemail groups that this feature is highly wanted for and is not yet implemented.

my question was, say i get a mail from some newsletter or dictionary word of the day, i dont usually read it everytime it arrives. Whenever i am free, i check for the words. But at the same time, i hate my inbox showing like 12 new mails with all being from this newsletter. So, i wanted it to be marked as READ directly while applying the filter to skip the inbox and apply the label. This is the addition i need and its not available in gmail ! :(

thks guys,
legolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom