Gmail opens it's doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
The news was out on 7 february.Read this-

Gmail is the well known mail solution provided by Google that was created to revolutionize the web-based e-mail services, providing powerful features to block spam and unwanted messages. Until now, Gmail was very efficient when it comes to spam messages because it offers a Spam folder where it automatically redirects all the unwanted emails. Since its release, Google tried to improve it periodically to keep it up to date, adding new interesting features and even more power. Some time ago, the search giant implemented Google Talk directly into the interface of Gmail, allowing users to communicate with friends and family using a web-based chat client.

Recently,
the company introduced a new amazing function that converts Gmail into a real POP3 client, allowing you to configure up to 5 POP3 accounts to retrieve e-mail messages, allowing you to read them from the Gmail's inbox. Although it was available only by invitation, Gmail is currently one of the most popular e-mail solutions on the Internet. The company offered 100 invitations per user and more than 2 GB of free storage size.

Today, Google announced an extremely awaited feature of Gmail: FREE for everyone so no invitation is required to register for the service. Even if the solution was quite accessible through the high number of invitations, it is quite important because you can create multiple accounts without any limitation. Google also updated the documentation of the mail service, mentioning the solution is free for everyone.

“Gmail is Google's free webmail service. It comes with built-in Google search technology and over 2,600 megabytes of storage (and growing every day). You can keep all your important messages, files and pictures forever, use search to quickly and easily find anything you're looking for, and make sense of it all with a new way of viewing messages as part of conversations,” Google sustains.

So, if you want to register for the FREE Gmail service, you should visit the official page of the solution and click on the Sign Up link. I must recognize the Gmail's website is more impressive with the new Sign Up For Gmail function...

Source: Softpedia

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
The whole world is now using GMail except me:cool: so what's the need of such a news as the invitations to join GMail are easily available.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
*mail.google.com/mail/help/images/logo1.gif

I wounder when they gonna get it out of Beta.. ? they are missuse the worb BETA :p

GX said:
bah, now just support Folders & catagory support.

Yup.. agreed... I really want that Folder support.... also one more thing... an option to turn of the Spam Filter... :)

A

ankitsagwekar

but still in beta
when they do it final
gmail make us fool by show beta tag

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
LOL...I use always signed up option so never could notice it that it is now open for public registration. Thanks for telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom