Gmail News

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

In the zone
*gmail.google.com/gmail/help/images/logo.gifGMail Security Flaw Exposed:-

Well, not exposed in detail, but rather announced. An Israeli publication, Nana Net Life, broke the news that a simple XSS exploit can be used to gain access to your GMail account. The exploit was not explained specifically but in the most general terms, it seems that a hacker hijacks your GMail cookie when you follow a special link that has been setup to grab your cookie. Once your cookie is captured, a hacker then has access to your GMail account and changing your password has no effect. Workarounds? I think that not checking the autologin for 2 weeks button will safeguard your account.

Gmail patch for Opera 7:-Now gmail is compatible with Opera 7,you have to install a patch and reconfigure some of the settings.Visit *www.aimlesswords.com/archives/20040714/gmail_for_the_opera_7_browser/ for full details.

Latest Tool:-Gmail Imageviewer is a latest tool to show multiple images received in the email at the same time.Now you don,t have to open each image separately.This software will automatically inline and show the images.You just have to thirdclick on a image link and click "Gmail Image Viewer"

Gmail is currently the third largest E-mail service.Having hosted more than 1 million email accounts (source aimlesswords.com).
There are lots of new features great third party tools to use it as the way you like.
I think by the time this baby reaches the release time,it will be the swiss army knife of webmail.

But its a big challenge for Google guys to solve the security issues.I believe they will manage.

techie_it

Broken In
There's a Concept called Clustering . Many No. Of Manchines with varying and huge amount of processing speed are joint together thus creating a huge space and power. To the outside world , it will look like a single System . Thus the space iissue is handled .

Clustering can be in terms of HDD Space , Power and even DBases can be clustered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom