Gmail Hacked...interesting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
guys....this sems to be one helluva prob

i downloaded this file
*rapidshare.com/files/8858018/CrushCalculator.zip.html

fed it with my details and my a/c got hacked(how dumba me!!!)

from wat i realize this is an automated software tht changes the password and also the security question to "pet??"

no matter wat the a/c u supply it wid...it changes the password and the answer of the security question (which is "pet??") to some constant thingy

so i am basically wonderin if anyone of u hav cracked the password or the answer for the security question???...pls lemme knw...i hav lost a valuable a/c to this ... so ...
any ideas???

Last edited:

eagle_y2j

Youngling
*img513.imageshack.us/img513/2774/dumbyg9.png

wtf how can u supply ur password to such a unknown software ......this is an example of spoofing ????

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Look at the interface of the software :D

@vijay_7287
Its really sad, u should send a mail to GMail staff and tell them about ur ID and this software :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Vishal Gupta said:
Look at the interface of the software :D

@vijay_7287
Its really sad, u should send a mail to GMail staff and tell them about ur ID and this software :)
I have tried that in the past, they didn't even bother replying. :mad:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yes. This is termed as "spoofing". Such kinda scripts are doin more rounds these days in various forms. I remember one such script asking for girl friend name and my name to calculate compatibility. Once I enter these data, it would land up into the mailbox of the sender exposing my gf name! It can be any form...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yep! Itz Crush calculator. Beware of such emails! :-D I felt trap to it and I ofcourse got many of my frnds gf's exposed too! ;-)

OP
V

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
ahhh...guys sad tht u didnt get the point
i knw my a/c is gone...(it actually claimed reveal the crushlist on orkut so...)

wat i am tryin to say...is

it is automated...no matter wat the a/c is it changes the password to some constant string...and so it does to the answer for the security question

so i thought anyone with some time to kill could provide it with an id (which they dont use)...and try to guess the either of those answers

tht might help ppl like me ...who hav lost their a/c to tht

lemme tell ya ...there are some 10 souls who hav lost active email a/c's to this....so...

Last edited:
OP
V

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
this is the most amazing thing folks
i got my a/c back today after reporting abt this to google

albiet this link is difficult to find...so i am posting it here ...in case anyone needs it
*services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security1

try to be as exhaustive as possible while reporting ...how it happened

i am elated ...!!!...Google Rocks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom