Gmail: cant log-in !!!

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
hi,

i just cant log-in to my gmail account ... it says "google can't verify my account" ... the password is right & so is the security answer ... any1 exp this issue & solution to this ???

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Did you suddenly log in from a different device with a different ISP's connection?
Have you mentioned alternate email in Google settings earlier? You might have received an email on that alternate email id from Google stating the issue/reason why they might have locked you out.

Did you try Google account recovery options? Google Accounts

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Google maintains track of your log in patterns and when it notices significant change like change in ISP, country, incoming requests from Tor exit nodes etc it tends to lock you out or expect you to verify yourself.
Did you try the link to recover your account? It may throw questions like when the account was created and so on to try to verify you.
If you successfully recover your account, then set 2 factor auth and also enable access to less secure apps in settings.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked you earlier,could you just post a screenshot here clearly showing address bar.I want to confirm if it is correct site or there is some security certificate mismatch.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's happening to me now. @OP did you get it back?

I changed my ISP, now I can't login. I know my password, recovery email and even with PIN sent to my recovery emaill gmail couldn't verify it's me. WTF??? Even after providing the things asked for, if gmail still couldn't verify whatelse one can do?

I can't go back to my old ISP. I don't know what else I can do to get it back. Ufff! One issue after another. :tired:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan

I changed my ISP, now I can't login. I know my password, recovery email and even with PIN sent to my recovery emaill gmail couldn't verify it's me. WTF??? Even after providing the things asked for, if gmail still couldn't verify whatelse one can do?

I can't go back to my old ISP. I don't know what else I can do to get it back. Ufff! One issue after another. :tired:

if everything is ok, try to reset password. else try their twitter account

Reactions: nac

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Are you logging in from Phone or Desktop/Laptop connected to ISP's Internet?

If Desktop/Laptop, do you have Android phone with mobile Internet from the service provider? If so try to configure the same Gmail account thru Mobile phone (Using mobile data, not WiFi) e.g. PlayStore app and see if it succeeds. Generally, since the mobile connection I believe records phone number, Google considers it authentic. Then see if there’s a way to setup 2FA from within the mobile browser.

If your neighbors have same old ISP, try to login from their network and see if it goes thru. If so immediately setup 2FA in Google security.

Last edited:
Reactions: nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
When this happend for the first time, I stopped and googled the issue for solution.
In the tips, they suggested to answer everything even if I don't know for sure. And suggested not to skip.
So when they asked "Security question", I don't know the answer, I gave an answer but it shows it's wrong (previously, when this option appeared I clicked "try another way" and move on). Tried twice and stopped, don't wanna get stopped out because of too many attempts.

After a while, it says "too many failed attempts, try after few hours". So waited for few hours.

Last week when I was using dongle after broadband gone down, it would ask for the recovery email, after I provide that it would let me in. Thought I can use dongle this time to login, but still the same. While trying the second time (different browser this time), after clicking "try another way" when it asked for "security question", it says too many failed attempts, try after few hours.

For some it worked when they tried it in different browser, for some trying after a week, for some after 28 days.

Looks like there is no help from google side, can't contact anyone in google regarding this. All I have is the community where volunteers and the ones who have experienced this before share what they did and give other suggestions.
Are you logging in from Phone or Desktop/Laptop connected to ISP's Internet?

If Desktop/Laptop, do you have Android phone with mobile Internet from the service provider? If so try to configure the same Gmail account thru Mobile phone e.g. PlayStore app and see if it succeeds. Generally, since the mobile connection I believe records phone number, Google considers it authentic. Then see if there’s a way to setup 2FA from within the mobile browser.

If your neighbors have same old ISP, try to login from their network and see if it goes thru. If so immediately setup 2FA in Google security.
Always desktop.

I don't have Android phone. By "the service provider" you mean the old one (BSNL)? Yes, I have BSNL mobile internet. I can use it in USB dongle. I can use Bluestacks instead of Android phone, but phone number is not tied to it.

I don't know if anyone is using BSNL broadband (the old ISP) in my neighbourhood. The ones I know aren't using BSNL, I can ask them if any of their friends using BSNL broadband. But it's a longshot, I don't think I would go this route, or have to keep this as last resort.
if everything is ok, try to reset password. else try their twitter account
I will try password reset option, will see if it's gonna give the same drill or a new one.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Tried one of my other gmail id which didn't have an issue logging in.
No problem with Yahoo as well.

These tech company's security measures are affecting the average actual users, not anyone else.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

That is why everyone must generate a backup recovery code for situations like these.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
These are the options I am yet to try.
- Forgot Password option
- Try logging in from bluestacks (don't wanna try it from other's phone)
With bluestacks it's likely the drill gonna be the same as soon as I try it from android device, as I have never used one before. It's gonna say it doesn't recognize the device.
With Forgot Password, it's gonna ask my last know password and recovery email which I have provided when I tried 'account recovery'. I don't know if they will find them okay enough if I go this route.

Then the last resort is trying it from BSNL broadband connection in my neighbourhood which is gonna be too tough for me to do.

People talking about account recovery form, will try that if nothing works.
That is why everyone must generate a backup recovery code for situations like these.
Didn't thought they would screw up somethign like this even with recovery email.

Top Bottom