glibc 1.2 error while compiling in kubuntu 6.06

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
whenever i try to compile anything i get the error: glibc 1.2 not found. i haf installed all packages from the installation cd. the problem is that i hafta compile a linux driver to connect to the net in linux.... plz help....

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Search in Synaptic, Its bound to have that Package along with the Dependencies..

(I've you've already Done that, ignore this post)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Subbzzz, Kubuntu uses 'Adept Package Manager' not Synaptic!!
@Infra_red_dude, Have you installed gcc, g++ & other utilities for compiling the Source?
In case you haven't ,Open the Terminal Window (Konsole) & type:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential

This will install gcc, g++ & other utilities needed for compiling the source.

Press 'Alt + F2' , this opens the 'Run Application' dialog, type adept,
click on 'Run'. This should open the Adept Package Manager. You can search
for the package you want to install there.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Oh! Read infra_red_dude's post again. He needs the drivers to connect to the net. WIthout a net connection how is he going to use Adept, Synaptic or anything that needs network connection.
@infra_red_dude how are you connecting to the net? What drivers are you using? Where did you get them from?
get glibc from here *archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/glibc/
It seems you got some old drivers, maybe they're for red hat 9. Anyways let's see what's needed.

eddie

El mooooo
Are you sure it is glibc and not glib 1.2? glibc 1.2 died somewhere around 1994-1995. There is no way any application could be using that version till now and even if it does, there is no way you can use this application/driver. At a time you can use only one version of glibc on your system and it looks like Ubuntu is based on 2.3.6 so you can not install 1.2.

One the other hand if it is glib 1.2 then the dep packages should be on your installation CD or you can go to the link given by tech_your_future...move to parent directory and then go to glib-1.2 directory. Download a relevant package and install it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom