Gimme ps2 info

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellgame

Broken In
As i couldnt find xbox anywhere in Kashmir valley(Indian kashmir) so I have decided to buy ps2.but before buying it I need little(actually lot) info about this console.

1)what is the storage capacity of ps2? can we extend it ,if yes ,upto how
much capacity?I have heard that sd-cards can be used, if its true, then
please suggest a sd-card of reliable brand.

2)how many controllers does ps2 support?

3)what speaker arrangement(2.1 channel,4.1 channel etc.) does ps2
support?

4)please gimme the list of all the other ps2 accessories.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2
*db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/playstation2_b.txt
*db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/playstation2.txt

These links will dfntly solve all ur queries

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
1)what is the storage capacity of ps2? can we extend it ,if yes ,upto how
much capacity?I have heard that sd-cards can be used, if its true, then
please suggest a sd-card of reliable brand.
2 slots of the properitary Memory card are avaiable each having a capacity of 8MB each.The older PS2 model had support for external hard drives to be attached right behind the PS2's HD bay but the slim model AFAIK dosen't sport one.Memory card of Magicgate brand is widely avaiable out here costing around Rs.800.

2)how many controllers does ps2 support?
By default the console has 2 controller slots but adding a device called the Multi-tap will allow you to connect 4 controllers simultaneously.

3)what speaker arrangement(2.1 channel,4.1 channel etc.) does ps2
support?
The older model of PS2 had a stereo sound support but the slim model has added Dolby Digital 5.1 support and DTS.

4)please gimme the list of all the other ps2 accessories.
There are many accessories avaiable for the PS2.Notably,the Multi-Tap,Sony's Eye Toy,DVD Remote add-on,Microphones,Vertical Stand etc.

OP
S

shellgame

Broken In
thanks for all ur help.i bought the ps2 yesterday.
it has two controllers & 8mb memory card with.and it costed me Rs.10,500.
So can u please name the few best looking(graphically) ps2 game.
thanks once again.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
shellgame said:
thanks for all ur help.i bought the ps2 yesterday.
it has two controllers & 8mb memory card with.and it costed me Rs.10,500.
So can u please name the few best looking(graphically) ps2 game.
thanks once again.

See this thread this may help: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31711

OP
S

shellgame

Broken In
whenever i try to save the game profile of "hitman:blood money", it says that ur 8mb mem card has no free space.when i checked the memmory
card,it says 0kb free.but how is it possible? the memmory card was packed and i havent used it yet.also there r two options "copy & delete".what should i do.should i choose the delete option.and also it says that the memmory card was updated.who updated the mem card? who put the data in it? i am totally confused.is it possible that the mem card has been already used?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
2 questions that I have for you is 1.)Did the Memory card arrive completely box packed to you? 2.)Are there any previous saves that you can see in the memory card option?

If the card does have saves of any games then there is a possibilty that it might have been used prior to your knowledge.If you want you could delete those saves from the memory card to free the used space up.But I strongly suggest you head back to the dealer and ask him for a memory card replacement and show him the exact problem.

OP
S

shellgame

Broken In
yes the mem card was packed.and no there r not ne game saves but
actually there r 3 files, which r:

1) ps2
file type-settings file(ps2)
size-5kb

2) high heat baseball 2003
file type-saved data (ps2)
size-2000kb

3) A6
file type-saved data (ps2)
size-5,991kb

I tried to delete the above 3 files but they come back again & again.Has ne one of u bought 8mb mem card for ps2? if yes, was it empty or were there ne files present already.And please can ne one tell me where can i download the ps2 manual or if ne one can send me the ps2 manual.
I will be grateful.my e-mail(aarif_muhammad@rediffmail.com).

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yeah......the PS2 memory card comes empty and unformated. When u first insert the card into the slot, the console asks u to format the card. I have a 8MB SONY memory card.
So did u format the card (new card have to formated before being used), if no then this must be used/secondhand stuff. Try to get a replacement if possible.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dude those 2 files are definetly a game save.The first one you mentioned was the Playstation 2 configuration file which barely consumes any space but shouldn't be there in the first place.The memory card seems to be faulty,get it replaced instantly.
All my friends who have purchased a PS2 had got their memory card pre-formatted or rather with no data in it.
Just in case you need the manual then you can get it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom