GigaSmilies and UniSmilies are Merged Now !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Hope you guys will get more and more goodies within time and with lots of features :) and quality.

The Merging of two will definitely be a step forward to more products emerging out soon and with much better support and robustness :D

And 3 cheers for the application getting a dedicated hosting and Open Source tag for next version.

So have a say in the GigaSmilies Forum and provide your feed back and ideas to make it a happening.

GigiaSmilies Official Website

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hope you guys will get more and more goodies within time and with lots of features :) and quality.

The Merging of two will definitely be a step forward to more products emerging out soon and with much better support and robustness :D

And 3 cheers for the application getting a dedicated hosting and Open Source tag for next version.

So have a say in the GigaSmilies Forum and provide your feed back and ideas to make it a happening.

GigiaSmilies Official Website
1) Which License?
2) Are the smileys you're using under a compatible license?

Seems you're using CC, please read this *wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ#Can_I_use_a_Creative_Commons_license_for_software.3F

See *www.opensource.org to know of open source licenses approved by OSI.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
1) Which License?
2) Are the smileys you're using under a compatible license?

Seems you're using CC, please read this *wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ#Can_I_use_a_Creative_Commons_license_for_software.3F

See *www.opensource.org to know of open source licenses approved by OSI.

We are currently evaluating the correct licence which will suite the products. And yes we will take a note of smilies licence too :)

mehulved

Just free doesn't do. compatible licenses is the keyword here.
eg. you are releasing the software under BSD License but the smileys are under CC-SA-NC then your licenses are incompatible as BSD license allows others to make commercial products but the CC-SA-NC doesn't allow one to do the same.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Just free doesn't do. compatible licenses is the keyword here.
eg. you are releasing the software under BSD License but the smileys are under CC-SA-NC then your licenses are incompatible as BSD license allows others to make commercial products but the CC-SA-NC doesn't allow one to do the same.
can it be like a portion of the program be made free and smilies are kept at their corresponding license.

mehulved

I doubt it as it's a full product.
A way around would be a plugin like architecture, where there will just be a base template but no smileys or smileys under a compatible license. Extra smileys can be added easily by the users. Those can be under any license, including closed source license.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
A way around would be a plugin like architecture, where there will just be a base template but no smileys or smileys under a compatible license. Extra smileys can be added easily by the users. Those can be under any license, including closed source license.

Actually from next version, smilies will not be embedded into the app, but will be stored seperately , and new smilies can be added externally, just like the plugin you told about.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

yeah the same i was thinking but wasn't sure about :)

Thnx for clearing the thing.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hey, something off-topic here...
the spellings of 'sponsors' is wrong on your site. It reads sponsers there. Ignore this if it is intentional but it(wrong spellings) doesnt look good on such a nice site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom