ghost/clone harddrive image

Status
Not open for further replies.

choklate_007

Broken In
hi,
I recently formatted my pc and took so much time in installing all the applications i use. I have heard that aghost can be made so that in next time when I format i just need to run that ghost cd/dvd and all the applications are installed quickly.

Pls. advice about How can this be done.

thanx

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Yes. You can use Norton Ghost.

Install OS on the harddrive, install only the necessary softwares, install ghost and create a recovery DVD. Ghost will copy the image of the harddrive to the DVD and if you want to install windows again, all you have to do is to use that DVD and reimage the harddrive.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
go for acronis true image, its better than N.ghost

ive imageg my cdrive size 17.9 GB after imaging at max compression get it as 7.9 gb

restoration is very simple.
make a bootable cd of Acronis. boot from it and restore the image. takes only 35 min to restore and starts working. while Installing Xp itself takes around 28 min in my PC. and installing those additional softwares takes ages an pain in the A##.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
One more vote for Acronis True Image :D

It create an image of my C: drive, which is approx. 4 GB full, in only 1.5 minutes and takes same time in restoring the image :)

Also u can create a bootable CD / DVD(along with the image)!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
As i have not used acronis, i'll vote for what i have used ,Norton Ghost . Does the job pretty well and image compression is also good.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I also use Norton ghost..never tried acronis...but have heard lots abt it...
if u buy norton package u will also have NORTON go back..that is also good ....to just jum pback to working condition....no need to reinstal then..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom