gfx card for Rs 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersaiyan

In the zone
my friend wants to buy a gfx card for around 6000. the main purpose will be gaming. he has a 915g mobo and a p4 2.0 ghz(i think).all in all he has an ibm pc. so i was thinking of the gainward 6200. but i can't decide with turbocache or without it. i read that without tc is better as it shares some memory with the ram.

G

gxsaurav

geforce 6600 non gt, normal one with 128 MB RAM from XFX, might be available for that price, better find out

hummer

Journeyman
just remember this while buying xfx 6600, 3 types r available buy the one with ddr3 ram. stay awat frm ddr1 6600.

iBrood

Broken In
Strech it a little to 8K and you can get a 6600 with GT. That's better in the long run because the 6600 will get outdated quite soon.

Kniwor

Learner
there is a big difference between 600 plain and 6600 GT and that 2500Rs is worth... i first got ¨XFX GeForce 6600 256 Mb¨ but the scores were not that nice, then i got
¨XFX GeForce 6600GT 128Mb¨ and there is a lot of difference, even the 256 Mb 6600 is nowhere near 128Mb 6600GT....

G

gxsaurav

the 6600GT is simply a higher clocked 6600 non ultra

XFX 6600 nU with 256 MB DDR2 RAM comes overclocked to GT speeds already, so it matches it in performance

susk21

Broken In
ya man!! 6600 GT is worth buying.But if you dont want to go for 8000 RS get 5200 XFX 256 mb.only 3000 rs.supports all games with satisfactory results.I have one!! ;-)

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
@susk21 no way man not the 5200 way too old and crappy. might as well go for the 6200 without tc rather than that card.

susk21

Broken In
supersaiyan,
dont you think that 6600 will also get carppy as days pass???
i am just suggesting him not forcing him!!
No hard feelings!! ;-)

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
@susk21 well thats wht bugs us pc gamers doesn't it? u buy a top of the line component only to find that the next day another fundu component has been released and that it is now top of the line. so thats why the sweetest spot lies in the midrange segment. actually game developers make games keeping in mind that ppl with atleast midrange gfx card would be able to play it. it is very obvious that ppl with high end gfx cards would be easily able to play the games at top notch settings.
be it the 6600gt or the ati x1900 it will get crappy as days pass. everything does except for anitiques!!

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
@ painkiller no no in this category ati is useless at the moment. but for the ultra high end category it rules.

bad news guys i just found out that my friend has an agp slot 8x ofcourse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom