GF4 440m mx (8x)running in pci mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav_more

Journeyman
i have a GF4 440 mx 128 mb (8x).i use xp and 98se.my mobo is his (via p4m266a).why is the card running in pci(0X)mode.this i came to know through the nvidia control panel.i have enabled agp 4x in bios.i also have the latest hyperion drivers and nvidia drivers(61.76).!!!!!!!!!!!
also are there any compatiblity problems with the via chipset and GF4 chipset.please help
:(

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
hey sav more . i got the same card and the mobo is p4m266 ndfsmx. i m having lotsa troubles installing. can u tell me how did u go about installing it ?

indro

In the zone
Yes hi , what you need to do is remove the VIA Bus Master device from the device manager and then need to restart the system .Then you need to reinstall the latest version of the hyperion drivers.the issue should be resolved.It is very important that you are using the latest version of hyperion , i am assu ing that from the Bios everything is correctly configured.

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
i have tried installing the stupid card in xp but the damn thing does not give me any display and freezes.after removing the old drivers.iwent in safe mode and ran the setup from there.in the normal mode xp froze again. when i ran xp in safe mode i got a message that the drivers could not complete a drawing operation.ever since i have installed the card in xp i havent been able to run xp.system freezes.i have a realllly old monitor (max 800*600 resolution at 60 Hz).could xp freeze due to this monitor.
as for 98se the instalation was simple removed old drivers,installed dx9.0b,ran setup of the latest nvidia drivers.thats it!

indro

In the zone
ok , the monitor is not the issue here . As long as it can hold the displays straight its ok. As for your windows xp , try downloading the latest detonator drivers from www.nvidia.com , as it should be easy for you as you have access to 98se .Then try it , okay one important thing , i dont know which chipset drivers you are using , whatever it is weather it is VIA , Intel , AMD , ULI ,ALI ,Nvidia or whatever , PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST CHIPSET DRIVERS AND THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS .

Trust me , i worked for Dell Tech support for a long time. :)

OP
sav_more

sav_more

Journeyman
i have installed the latest nvidia drivers and via chipset drivers for XP.yet the same story.i get a blank screen which keeps on flickering in the normal mode.now i cant get a display in98se too,after installing the latest drivers for 98se.now, is the monitor is to blame or the video card!!!!!!!!!!please help!!!
AGAIN ARE THERE ANY COMPATIBLITY PROBLEMS WITH VIA CHIPSET AND GF4 Chipset.
AND how do i disable onboard video (prosavage DDR)from the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom