for
a high-end AGP card,or a new Motherboard with PCIe slot and
onboard
graphics of atleast 256MB VRAM.

* Give me a solution for which i can
adopt.My budget for those components,
were around Rs.4K.
*Also,tell me
the difference between AGP & PCIe in short.
*Did a high-end AGP card is
enough to run Windows Vista?.(if,Suggest me such
a card)
*Will i go for e-VGA GeForce 7300GT 512MB AGP for my problem?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
you can always update everything, including your system but I recommend you to buy another computer, since all the hardware already have dust on them LOL

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
Uhh u got dis sys? Recently?
Wel fr agp get a 2nd hand 66gt. Investin nymre than dis is waste.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If somebody suggested that to you, then catch hold of him quickly, although that wont help.
I got a dual core PC in Nov 06 when they were fairly new and expensive. You should have sought suggestions before buying that. you can only play games 2 or 3 years old on that PC. so start saving and buy a quad core next year when they are cheap, till then, play peggle.:)

arupch

Tech Addict
Recently,I upgraded my PC from old Pentium III to a, new LGA775 P
IV
3.06GHz-HT Processor,on
a Mercury PVM7 Motherboard,512MB DDR400
RAM,80GB ATA.
...........My budget for those components,
were around Rs.4K.

Look at this. He most probably got it 2nd hand.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I need your suggestions my friend not ur comments on my PC.. I bought it in 2006 November.. I was a student at that time.. So i cant fight wit my dad to get a Dual-Core or something err.. But now i gotta job.. I want to make my own complete rig and my budget for the new rig is around 22k... So i have a two choice go for a new one or get stick with f*****g old PC... If You gotta suggestion then scrap here... Anyway nice comments....

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yeah ax3,
i aint try to save money... Then tell me a best configuration that which i can afford for... Money matters when it comes to earnings.. So we must have some constraint over it.. Anyhow how much you'd expect me to spend on a PC... a new Gen rig for gaming only...

Suggest me...
if i can i surely afford one..

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
I need your suggestions my friend not ur comments on my PC.. I bought it in 2006 November.. I was a student at that time.. So i cant fight wit my dad to get a Dual-Core or something err.. But now i gotta job.. I want to make my own complete rig and my budget for the new rig is around 22k... So i have a two choice go for a new one or get stick with f*****g old PC... If You gotta suggestion then scrap here... Anyway nice comments....
Here is what I suggested to some other guy (in this thread) : -
Component;Make;Cost
CPU;Intel-E4600;5,400
Motherboard;Intel DG31PR;3,500
RAM;1GB -800;1,000
HDD;Seagate SATA 320 GB 7200;3,000
Monitor;"LG/Samsung 17""";5,500
Keyboard + Mouse;Logitec-Set-Optical-Black;750
Cabinet + PS;Any good combination;1,500
Optical Drive;ASUS LS 20x DVD Writer;1,500
UPS;600 VA;1,500
Total Cost;;23,650

With @sakumar79 suggesting:
I would suggest AMD 4600+ or 4800+ with M2A-VM motherboard instead of Intel based (will cost 1.5k to 2k less)... I think M2A-VM will offer much better on-board graphics than DG31PR... And RAM may be 2x1GB instead of 1GB (you can go for 667MHz RAM instead of 800MHz because it will not be the bottleneck IMHO)...
Thats what you can get for this budget; nowhere close to a gaming PC, though it should play most (older) games on low-medium details and 800x resolution.
GTA: SA you mentioned is very old game, you should be able to play it on full detail at 1024x res.

But I would recommend what @ax3 said :)

cooldip10

In the zone
am using a P4 ...... & am loving it ....... have seen many ppl spending lotta MONEY on pc`s & when they sell it , u get very very less ......

I am also using a P4 and as you said it works fine.. I don't think any casual gamer needs a very high performance processor. Its the graphics card and mobo which decides the gaming factors..

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I decide to buy the Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor. Is it good enough to play games... And if, then suggest me a best motherboard that should cost around 5k-7k. It must support 833MHz RAM 'cause i just got a 2GB Corsair RAM from my friend as he decide to go alienware..

Suggest me

Last edited:
I decide to buy the Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor. Is it good enough to play games... And if, then suggest me a best motherboard that should cost around 5k-7k. It must support 833MHz RAM 'cause i just got a 2GB Corsair RAM from my friend as he decide to go alienware..

Suggest me
don't use that processor either.
Its so 2006.
I got an news that ASUS-P5-SLI costs around 6k..Is it worth to buy?

If you are on serious budget, but still want to play games, and put the 2GB Crosair memory to some good use, I suggest Getting yourself a Palit N73PV motherboard with nVidia 7100 onboard graphics for 2.9K, a Pentium Dual Core E2160 for 2.7K, overclocking the CPU to around 2.8GHz, then making merry playing older games like Unreal Tournament 2004, Doom3, Far Cry, FEAR, etc without much issues at 1024x768. Keep the remaining parts with you from your former PC. This will ensure budget performance at 6K.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Here is my list
Any NVIDIA SLI supported Mobo
Intel Core2Duo E6700
ASUS 8500GT
and my 2GB Corsair..
Is fair enough?

I got confused guys...

Status