GET ACCESS IN NTFS VIA DOS HELP!....Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipul

Broken In
Hi..........
I FORMATTED MY ALL PARTIONS WITH NTFS AND NOW I CAN'T GET ACCESS VIA DOS

NOW I'VE NO ANY OS AND I WANT TO FORMATTING ALL IN FAT 32.

HOW CAN I GET ACCESS IN DOS

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. What Operating System you had when you formatted your drive with NTFS ..? If you had WinXP just boot with WinXP Cd and in the installation format the drive with Fat32 filesystem ..

You can also use Partition Magic for that . .Just create a Partition Magic rescue disk at one of your freind's home and boot your system with it ..

Btw .. If you wanna format ALL your partitions, I would recommend you to recreate the Partition table .. that will save you from lot of hassles ..
Just boot up with a Win98 Startup disk and run Fdisk ..

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
But i think he has dato on the ntfs partitions he wants to convert to fat.
Hence fdisk is not a good option.
PQmagic will do the job without loosing data.
But i recommend defraging the hdd before continuing.

archzillanx

Broken In
NTFS To FAT32 is That possible guys!!!!!!
think again.
use any thing i mean floppy cd or whatever.use good partioning tool .i think part.exe is best for this purpose . or another way reinstall windows xp with out formatting any partion.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
vipul said:
Hi..........
I FORMATTED MY ALL PARTIONS WITH NTFS AND NOW I CAN'T GET ACCESS VIA DOS

NOW I'VE NO ANY OS AND I WANT TO FORMATTING ALL IN FAT 32.

HOW CAN I GET ACCESS IN DOS
You need NTFSDOS Professional. Get it from *www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/ntfsdospro.shtml

NTFSDOS Professional mounts your NTFS volumes and gives them drive letters, so you can run applications and use files on NTFS volumes transparently. NTFSDOS Professional is small enough to run from a MS-DOS boot diskette so you can even access NTFS volumes on a system where Windows NT/2000/XP isn’t installed or able to boot. This makes it ideal for repairing corrupt files or configuration problems that prevent a Windows NT/2000/XP system from booting.

hope this helps!

murdoc1812

Right off the assembly line
He told he is not having any OS now --> Fine, then Dos will be the only one you can use .

Unfortunately , DOS does not support NTFS and Long File Name. You need a BOOTABLE CD WITH NTFS MODULE EMBEDED . That's nothing but to grab a HIREN BOOTABLE 6.0 which will give you a full control over the system. Such tasks are:
1. Doing partitioning using 8 popular softwares, one of them is Partition Magic 8.2

2. Browsing files like what you were doing with your Windows Explorer with fully supported NTFS and FAT32 with long file name supported.

3. Scan viruses and defrag the harddisk.

4. Troubleshoot your harddisk with all best tools.

5. Total Solution for Backing up your systems. (Norton Ghost 8.0 for DOS )

6. And so many other features which you won't find in any other BOOTABLE CDs.

I hope this will help. This is the must-have-cd for all PC freaks,along with a set of all Windows from 98 to XP SP2 Embeded, you will be equipped to the teeth :p

PS: You can also try to get this Hiren Bootable CD from the net, but I am not sure they will have all these applications for your need. Anyway just give it a try ;)

murdoc1812

Right off the assembly line
@Gamefreak: Nice signature mate :p I think I can change the time on your signature. Expect that Half Life 2 soon everybody ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom