genuine windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukul

Journeyman
guys that's really sick that even my window xp (illegal) is being shown LEGAL by windows validation assistant

can some one explain

Biplav

In the zone
hmm.
do define what is illegal:
when a same cd key number is circulated and there are lots of users with the same no. , then wat microsoft does is that it makes any attempt from a windows cd with that authentication no. as pirated.
if u happen to get a cd key no that is not circulated widely or else hasnt come to the knowledge of microsoft, (which is very unlikely ) then ur windows will still be shown as a legal copy.

anomit

In the zone
Well there is a certain product key for the WIndows XP Corporate Edition which makes even the illegal as genuine.

Captain Digit

Broken In
biplav said:
hmm.
do define what is illegal:

Refer to these links.

*dictionary.reference.com/search?q=illegal

*thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=illegal

Illegal=Prohibited by law or by official or accepted rules

There,hope you are satisfied.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
mukul , here is what i think is the reason in case u have SP2 installed

by installing SP2 , microsoft gets assured that the windows is original because acc to them only original XP can have SP2 installed

silly microsoft, they r not aware how good we indians are

anandk

Distinguished Member
rajrulesdear said:
mukul , here is what i think is the reason in case u have SP2 installed

by installing SP2 , microsoft gets assured that the windows is original because acc to them only original XP can have SP2 installed

silly microsoft, they r not aware how good we indians are

nope. not true. even if ur windows is 'borrowed' (prefer to use this term) u can still install sp2. and even after u install sp2, the validation can still identify urs as 'not genuine'.

its the key that matters. if its in their data bank as a widely circulated one, they classify it as illegal.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
mukul wrote:
guys that's really sick that even my window xp (illegal) is being shown LEGAL by windows validation assistant

can some one explain
Hey Dude,relax well if ur copy has been termed LEGAL by MS,well then u can sit back and relax atleast u can hv the fun of downloading the latest ANTISPYWARE released by MS for (wat they hv been dubbing as) ONLY FOR GENUINE WINDOWS versions only..
Atleast we were not soo lucky like u mate ! :wink:

cheers mate.. :p :wink:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
well , even my(and many of my FRIENDS who also installed SP2) windows has been verified as legal by MS but only after I installed SP2

_mAkA_PoUdEl

Right off the assembly line
Yeah.........

Some softwares are available to be able to do that............. Not to be discussed here............

PM.........

Google............

:lol:

LOL.............
Hehe

A

Ashwin Saxena

Oh illegal copies working.
And i wasted so much money for legal.
I am crying now.

anandk

Distinguished Member
ashu888ashu888 said:
mukul wrote:

can some one explain
Hey Dude,relax well if ur copy has been termed LEGAL by MS,well then u can sit back and relax atleast u can hv the fun of downloading the latest ANTISPYWARE released by MS for (wat they hv been dubbing as) ONLY FOR GENUINE WINDOWS versions only..
Atleast we were not soo lucky like u mate ! :wink:

cheers mate.. :p :wink:

if if ur windows is not validated, u can STILL download the new version of ms antispyware ! :lol:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
well its been long since i heard someone publically announces that he's using an illegal copy of windows xp .... good for you mate ....

ok try this ... go to download something from windows site .... they will prompt you to download a product key validation checking software ... download it ... it will generate a code ... paste it on the next page and see what happens ....

mario_pant

In the zone
hey.... even if we put a "illegal" key into the online registration..... does microsoft do something against other than just rejecting... doesn't it record the IP and stuff... cant they get back to ur a ut us in jail or somethign???

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
mukul said:

can some one explain

is that a problem for you?
:lol: first of all i am feeling really sorry for you, ... using stolen microsoft products.

and about your problem... pls get in touch with..
microsoft india
call toll free 1-600-11-00-33(what's this num!!!)
and i am sure they'll make everything right :lol:

Business Software Alliance said:
*www.bsa.org/india/images/286826.gif

theraven

Technomancer
i have a better solution
type format c:\ at your command prompt
goto nearest software dealer
ask for legal copy of MS WINDOWS XP
PAY for it
get it home
reinstall
i'm sure now the MS site will show it LEGAL when it actually IS legal .... not so sick anymore is it ?
man u make me sick .. im this close to lockin this topic and puttin u on warnin just for being stupid !

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Forum means a place where u r free to post your views and opinions and freedom is complete. But Digit Forum is such a forum where mods are so strict that god bachaye is forum ko.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
theraven wrote:
i have a better solution
type format c:\ at your command prompt
goto nearest software dealer
ask for legal copy of MS WINDOWS XP
PAY for it
get it home
reinstall
i'm sure now the MS site will show it LEGAL when it actually IS legal .... not so sick anymore is it ?
man u make me sick .. im this close to lockin this topic and puttin u on warnin just for being stupid !

Well absolutely correct (in sum way) :wink: Mr.Mukul,jus relax man if ur WIN XP edition is shown legal by MS coz they r (as we all know) a bunch of cr@p! as they really do commit sum really idiotic mistakes...(and MS boasts abt its antipiracy and completely fool proof MS version of Oses..god...help me Amen! :wink: )....

But plz do njoy urself with ur "illegal turned legal" copy of MS WIN Xp that wat all ic an say...and be happy with ur d/loads and patches from MS site.....We were not so lucky as u r mate...... :wink:

cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom