Genuine Microsoft Office is a Must!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasulic

Journeyman
Hi Guy,
According to reports, Microsoft's Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program for Microsoft Office, titled the 'Office Genuine Advantage' (OGA) program that has been in beta-testing for several months, has now become mandatory

Read full news

*www.techtree.com/India/News/Genuine_Microsoft_Office_is_a_Must/551-76811-580.html

montylee

Journeyman
If Microsoft is ever successful in stopping the piracy of its products it will help GNU/Linux. Not many ppl would buy original software then and would have to use free, open-source software and then only they will realize the true value of FLOSS.

tuxfan

Technomancer
drsethi said:
Good things comes at a price
Want free, then shift to OpenOffice

Just a little disagreement. :p OpenOffice is really good!! Version 1.x were crappy. But since the version 2.0 days its working pretty good!! I have not installed MS-Office in my lappy and have been using openoffice since last 4-5 months. Haven't missed M$Office even once. ;)

shaunak

Tux Fan
Well i have faced some problems.
Open office is unable to open [correctly] many .doc files. It always gets the formatting wrong. Otherwise its quite good.

G

gxsaurav

not quite....as not everyone needs everything given in office 2003/2007 package

Like I do not need anything other then Word & Outlook, for me, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2003/2007 is good enough for $150, which i can use for 4 years easily, & still have an option weather to upgrade to office 13 or not

Openoffice is good, if u r in 1995, it doesn't have all the features, not even a PIM client like outlook. Outlook 2007 alone is worth buying office 2007 anyway

OGA, just like WGA will soon be cracked

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
gxsaurav said:

Like I do not need anything other then Word & Outlook, for me, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2003/2007 is good enough for $150, which i can use for 4 years easily, & still have an option weather to upgrade to office 13 or not

Openoffice is good, if u r in 1995, it doesn't have all the features, not even a PIM client like outlook. Outlook 2007 alone is worth buying office 2007 anyway

agree on the MS student front , student 2007 is very very helpful for me , n the mathematical graphing tool is very slick n good , i use it all the time for my studies n to check my answers .

Third Eye

gooby pls
gxsaurav said:

Completely Agree !

eddie

El mooooo
gxsaurav said:
You say that MS Office is good enough at $150 and then you tell us that OGA will be cracked and support piracy? If you want to use features and feel that the software is value for money then why not pay for it?

mediator

Technomancer
drsethi said:
Good things comes at a price
good things? maybe! But "The best things in life are free" ! :)

I Dunno about the comparison between MS-Office and Open Office, but I've been using MS Office-2000 since it was released and it works awesome too on Windows. I Tried MS Office Xp but was too heavy on my system and giving me some problems. On Linux side, I find Open Office as good as MS-Office. The only difference I find is price!

G

gxsaurav

eddie said:
You say that MS Office is good enough at $150 and then you tell us that OGA will be cracked and support piracy? If you want to use features and feel that the software is value for money then why not pay for it?

I meant, those who wanna pirate, will pirate anyway, not everyone is willing to pay. however the price for students edition is justified at $150, so people should consider buying it for sure

hell...if they give Word + outlook 2007 bundle for $80, i would buy the 1st day

i think they should also relese office apps as individual apps, u know, like just MS Word for $50 & just MS outlook 2007 for $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom