Generic Host Services Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashstud_83

Unknown,Unseen,Unheard..
i have an acer laptop running Windows Xp Home with Service Pack 2.Everything seemed to be running normal until 2 days before when the below Windows erroe message appeared:

Generic Host Process for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I tried doing everything to get rid of this,but nothing seemed to work.The problem occurs only when i am browsing with Firefox 2.0 or Opera 9.0.Nothing happens when the computer is lyind idle or when gaming or something.
Kindly let me know how to fix this problem.Your help will be greatly appreciated.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
joey_182 said:
did u updated ur pc from microsoft??if yes then keep them off...for always...
Never update with MS if u have a pirated version of Windows. They store the ip-addresses. Read their Privacy Policy :)

OP
ashstud_83

ashstud_83

Unknown,Unseen,Unheard..
ashstud_83 said:
i have an acer laptop running Windows Xp Home with Service Pack 2.Everything seemed to be running normal until 2 days before when the below Windows erroe message appeared:

Generic Host Process for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I tried doing everything to get rid of this,but nothing seemed to work.The problem occurs only when i am browsing with Firefox 2.0 or Opera 9.0.Nothing happens when the computer is lying idle or when gaming or something.
Kindly let me know how to fix this problem.Your help will be greatly appreciated.

is there not any other way to get rid of it other than defragging the hard disk?and should i defrag the boot partition alone or both of them?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
There is an update released by microsoft for this problem.
I am assuming that you have Windows XP 32-Bit Version.

Download the WindowsXP-KB894391-x86-ENU.exe package and install it.
Restart the computer.
This should solve your problem.

For other versions of Windows, download from here.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
ashstud_83 said:
is there not any other way to get rid of it other than defragging the hard disk?and should i defrag the boot partition alone or both of them?
Defrag the Main Windows Drive and also the pagefile and registry. Also scandisk/chkdsk. Goto Start>Run>type cmd+enter. @ the cmd type
Code:
chkdsk C: /F
OR
Code:
chkdsk C: /R

To defrag the registry, use pagedefrag from www.sysinternals.com

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
do as kiran has said, it will solve ur problem. i had a similar prob and then downloaded the update and everything got solved.

OP
ashstud_83

ashstud_83

Unknown,Unseen,Unheard..
Kiran_tech_mania said:
There is an update released by microsoft for this problem.
I am assuming that you have Windows XP 32-Bit Version.

Download the WindowsXP-KB894391-x86-ENU.exe package and install it.
Restart the computer.
This should solve your problem.

For other versions of Windows, download from here.

hey kiran,i tried downloading the file u told and running it but there was no use..the problem is still there..seems like there is no prob while chatting with msn messenger or yahoo im.only when browsing using any browsers.
i am giving below the error report detail thats shown with it:

EventType:BEX
P1:svchost.exe
P2:5.1.2600.2180
P3:41107ed6
P4:netapi32.dll
P5:5.1.2600.2180
P6:411096ac
P7:0000a3c0
P8:c0000409
P9:0000000

Exception unknown software exception(oxc0000409) occured in application at location(0x5b86a3c0)

pls help me with this...thanx a lot...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Did u install that hotfix? I am sure it is the problem with updates. Error signature also says the same thing. Are you using Genuine Windows?
Please go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and update Windows.

OP
ashstud_83

ashstud_83

Unknown,Unseen,Unheard..
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Did u install that hotfix? I am sure it is the problem with updates. Error signature also says the same thing. Are you using Genuine Windows?
Please go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and update Windows.

yeah kiran,iam using genuine windows xp.i got it along with my acer laptop i brought in 2005.i tried updating windows but when i try doing automatic updates also,the same error occurs.dont know wat to do.Just when it shows that error,then the data transfer in the internet comes to a complete stop.
also i want to know if there will be any use if i format the C drive and install XP once more?will that get rid of the prob?
is there any other way to get rid of the problem?pls help....

Last edited:

sumeetindia

Journeyman
Run the Winsock Fix to repair your TCP/IP stack

It amy also be due to some malware
Use the following soft to check your system
*www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
OR
*www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

OR get the help from microsoft
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=894391
RECOMMEND

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
ashstud_83 said:
yeah kiran,iam using genuine windows xp.i got it along with my acer laptop i brought in 2005.i tried updating windows but when i try doing automatic updates also,the same error occurs.dont know wat to do.Just when it shows that error,then the data transfer in the internet comes to a complete stop.
also i want to know if there will be any use if i format the C drive and install XP once more?will that get rid of the prob?
is there any other way to get rid of the problem?pls help....

You must update your Windows. The hotfix is not installed yet. Enable "Automatic Updates" from Start > Control Panel.
Then leave the system to download the updates automatically.
If still the updates doen't get downloaded, please install "AutopatcherXP" from Digit CD or download freely from internet.

Btw, do u have HP printer? ...
Check this thread ....

ERROR RESOULTION: Generic Host Process Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom