Geforce 7600 gt 256 or 512 mb agp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankush

Broken In
Sorry for topic .. I meant GS NOT GT
I don't know which one to choose coz I heard that the memory and all are lower and even the fps in games is worse than in the 256 version.. so which one do I go for? This will also be my last agp card.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
a nid range chipset such as 7600gs would not be able ti gully utilise 512mb. i think 256mb would be enough. the extra memory will not help

OP
A

ankush

Broken In
Damn nehru place doesnt have ****... it hardly has any video cards.. bastards are selling 9600pro for 5100 LOLOL!! Also, why are there so many frame rate differences between the 2? Shouldnt it be the other way around?

Here are the links:
*www.hardware.info/en-US/productdb/bGNkaJiUmJHK/viewproduct/Sparkle_GeForce_7600_GS_256_MB/

*www.hardware.info/en-US/productdb/bGNkaJiUmJLK/viewproduct/Sparkle_GeForce_7600_GS_512_MB/

They are for the PCI.. so I wonder about it.

Stalker

Padawan
Choto Cheeta said:
what is nid ???
he meant mid range..

@ ankush

like xbonez said, the 7600GS cannot make full use of the 512 MB. so that extra memory will actually slow the card down.
Get a 256 MB 7600GS..
& x1600 Pro is pretty good...

praka123

left this forum longback
AGP out pci-e inn.nvidia cards ending with "GT" are way better than those with GS.(I dont know the OC aspect) :-|

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
AMD 2600 XP, ASUS A7V8X MX SE (VIA Chipset) mobo, 1 GB MB DDR 333 MHz with x1600 Pro, Vista use to give Gaming GRfx Rating 4.9 !!! :)

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Choto Cheeta said:
what is nid ???

and i would recomend ATi x1600 Pro 256MB AGP :)

i meant a mid-range card. sorry for that.

I'm using a Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO gfx card and am very happy with its performance. it performs at par with a 7600 GS or GT and cost is also gr8. (though mine is a PCI-E card, i can vouch for the chipset)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom