GeForce 6800 Ultra-The best till date-but whats the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
nvidia geforce 6800 ultra-
in india,i dont know if it is available anywhere(i live in chandigarh).
But if it is,what is the price of it in these brands-
GAINWARD
XFX
MSI
and others.....

pa_ajaykumar

Broken In
Price of Graphics Carrds

Hello Rahul

GeForrce 6800 Ultra from XFX costs 32,750/- including taxes from Big Byte Corp in Nehru Place. Delhi. The Gainward one costs around 34k. But if you take my suggestion go for the GeForce 6800 GT. Its a far better deal than the Ultra Model. If you see the specs you will understand that these two are one and the same chip. The GeForce 6800 GT is clocked at 350 Mhz where are Ultra is clocked at 400 MHz. Apart from that there is no other difference. Also this card is very overclockable. I was able to overclock this card to 385 Mhz easily with the stock cooler. I have not checked higher clocks but people have over clocked it to 420 Mhz or so with out much effort with a better cooling solution. But even without overcolcking this card rocks.

3D Mark 03 and 05 Scores for my card without overclocking are 11,800 and 4700. You can easily save 8000 bucks by going for this card. Also if you want to go for an ultra card then you need to have atleast a 450W Power Supply with two free Molex (HDD) power connectors. also you need to have a ATX Cabinet and preferably a ATX Form factor motherboard. The 6800 Ultra and GT Cards are quite large cards and will need a lot of space in side the cabinet.

I also live in Chandigarh. I have got the GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB Dual DVI Model from XFX for 24,900 Rs. I have sourced it through a dealer in chandigarh. Go to sudharshan computers in Sec 22C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom