GeForce 4 MX SE????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Hi All

I own this graphics card - the GeForce 4 MX SE with 128 MB SDRAM, my sys config is P4 1.6 GHz and 256 SDRAM....

Is this graphics card enough for avearage gaming or now do i have the need to upgrade. If i have to upgrade, which would be the most cost effective card??

Kinshuk

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
If you use your computer mainly for other things and do only casual gaming, then your card may just be acceptable. But if you want decent gaming performance you need something better, something from the GeForce FX 5xxx series or an ATi 9xxx. Which one and how much it costs depends on your budget.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
kinshuksunil said:
Hi All

I own this graphics card - the GeForce 4 MX SE with 128 MB SDRAM
Kinshuk

U Mean a 128 Mb VRam.....Ok Well now for Normal Gaming purpose Its more than Enough to Get Decent frame Rates at Normal REsolutions I mean At 640x480 and 800x600.....And if u wanna upgrade There are tons of Options But cost effective Seems Like putting In consideration The ATi 9600 Pro May be Or May BE The Geforce 4 Ti 4600 may be a good buy option for now mate..... :D

sav_more

Journeyman
that 128mb ur takin bout is Vram.this card is enuf 4 average gaming (i have the same one).
old games r ok but cant run latest games at good res.
if u want decent fps at a decent price get the GF4Ti series(still chuging along)ATI 9600 is also good.ALSO upgrade ur ram to bout 512.(makes a big difference).
finally get & install the omega drivers.

AND STAY CLEAR OF the 440mx or anything with LE(lite edition) or something(they suck)

<<<peace>>> :)

Sourabh

Laptoping
well if u really wanna upgrade ur graphic card after selling the mx440 se
then the cards u shld look forward to are as follows
these are cheaper cards and offer good quality. u can run all the games on these till next year @ low resolutions

:arrow: ATi Radeon 9600 Pro for less than 8k
:arrow: GeForce FX5700 LE 256 Mb for abt 6.4k

u can get about 1.5k to 1.8k for ur current card is its from a good manufacturer like ASUS or MSI or Gigabyte

OP
K

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Omega Drivers???

What are Omega drivers and where do i find them???

What will they do???

Are they upgrades to my device driver from nVidia???

Kinshuk

Sourabh

Laptoping
omega drivers are not official drivers
they r modified drivers created to give 'better performance'

u can download the omega drivers from *www.omegadrivers.net/

for benchmarking u can compare ur score of benchmarking utilities like AQUAMARK, 3dMark, etc

google it for more info :wink:

OP
K

kinshuksunil

Broken In
R They Safe???

Are the Omega drivers safe???

I am asking this question because even the latest display drivers from nVidia for my card make some games and apps not work.

So, once again, are the omega drivers safe???

Kinshuk

Sourabh

Laptoping
i wont advice u omega ones personally since u dun have a dx 9 based fx card

install the original ones only

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I have used omega drivers fior nvidia some time ago, didn't impress me.
but i hav read that the omega drivers (default drivers with some optimizations) for the ati cards are better than the default ati ones. even ati has praised omega for optimising there drivers so well.

@kinshuksunil - If u r a serious gamer than the gforce 4 mx u have is not sufficient. u need to upgrade it to atleast to what sourabh suggested

sourabh said:
ATi Radeon 9600 Pro for less than 8k
GeForce FX5700 LE 256 Mb for abt 6.4k

Don't go for the FX 5200 or u will end up in wasting ur money.

sav_more

Journeyman
i have been using omegadrivers without any problems.
i have the GF4 mx se(stupid card).but these drivers do give me better displays on any game.just dont install the performance drivers.
no problems with the card yet or with the drivers.
so i wud say the drivers are safe.
just try them.

<<<peace>>>
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom