GEFORCE 2MX400(8mb of 64mb)?and overclock.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hi,
I have a GEFORCE 2 MX400 ,64mb but memory size shown in the display settings is 8mb. :( what thes problem?why is it showing 8mb instead of 64mb?pls help.
And also I am new to overclocking,actually never tried it, i wanted to know if it is safe to overclock my geforce 2 mx400 from its display settings?if yes,then how much?

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
My card's core clock frequency is 200mhz and memory clock frequency is 143mhz.
I raised it to 278mhz and 212mhz respectively and tested from the option given there nothing happened,but dint apply it.Then i raised the core frequency to 300mhz and the system got stuck and had to be restarted.
Does this mean that i can overclock the card to ,core fquency:278mhz and memory frequency:212mhz, without damaging at??

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well lets consider that your card doesnt offer hardware monitoring features.
so you can check temp. of your grafix card RAM by touching it and the heatsink over the GPU to feel about the GPU temperatures.

I hope this helps.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
can i use any software for the temperature analysis?which one?

i also had q question about my cards size,it shows 8mb in the display settings instead of 64mb.???

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: update ur gfx card drivers...

:arrow: u sure that its memory as 8 or is it 8X as interface???

:arrow: as amey said...chek ur BIOS...its possible that like onboard shared memory u may be having option of selecting the VRAM...

nd lastly....where ru viewing this 8MB??? :?: :?: :twisted:

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
update ur gfx card drivers...
I have latest drivers installed for my card
u sure that its memory as 8 or is it 8X as interface???
It is 8mb memory and 4x interface.I am SURE!
chek ur BIOS...its possible that like onboard shared memory u may be having option of selecting the VRAM...
All the settings in the bios are just fine.
where ru viewing this 8MB???
Here: display properties>settings>advanced>adapter>memory size:8mb

Anymore advices,pls help..
And what about the overclocking query??

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
amey_dude said:
try the omega drivers and then see what happens.... :roll:

:arrow: here's the link for win9x,me
ftp://download.guide3d.ru/omega/nvidia/nvidia_w9x_omega_14523.exe

:arrow: here's the link for win 2k,xp
*blaze.ausgamers.com/utopiatech/drivers.php
what r these drivers for?if its for overclocking then let me tell u that i am already having an option for overcloking in the properties of the card.But i just wanted to kno about till what limit it can be overclocked?

and if it was for the memory size query(8mb instead of 64mb) then it dint work out.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
hey amey,i saw an reply of urs in some topic saying that u got an geforce 2 mx 400,64mb.Did u ever overclocked it?if yes then how much?Got any idea of its limit?

I think u r the one who can help me out with both of my problems mentioned in the topic here bcoz u got the same card dude.

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Hey harish,i c that u are obsessed with overclocking your GF2MX400 since u tried everything possible to increase the memory....
Lets c wat v can do about it...
1st tell me which company card u own.ASUS?
The highest overclocking done till date on a GF2MX(not by me ofcorse) is to around 250MHz.
But that seems to b unattainable for mortals like us,so i dont think u can go for anything above 210 or 215........same goes for ram.
2nd,how old is your card?Was it showing 64MB before?Or did it change to 8MB after any major system event?
3rd,is both the core n the ram havin heat sinks?or only the core?
4th,wats the memory being shown in your BIOS for the card?
get the details about your card using a software like SisoftSandra....u can find it in digit cd's..... :lol:

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
1st tell me which company card u own.ASUS?
Its box says digicolor(ennyah tecnologies corp.)

The highest overclocking done till date on a GF2MX(not by me ofcorse) is to around 250MHz.
But that seems to b unattainable for mortals like us,so i dont think u can go for anything above 210 or 215........same goes for ram.
but when i extend it till 280mhz and test it with the test option provided in properties itself i dont get any error message or hang ups,and beyond 280mhz my pc hangs so can i oc it to about 280mhz?
*img124.exs.cx/img124/3773/snap0141ya.th.png

2nd,how old is your card?
My card is 18 months old.

Was it showing 64MB before?Or did it change to 8MB after any major system event?
dont remember if it was showing 64mb.But now it shows 8mb
*img99.exs.cx/img99/5061/snap0151xo.th.jpg

3rd,is both the core n the ram havin heat sinks?or only the core?
only the core

4th,wats the memory being shown in your BIOS for the card?
at the starting of the pc even before the memory test it shows 64mb.

get the details about your card using a software like SisoftSandra
*img122.exs.cx/img122/2539/snap0161xi.th.jpg

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey nitrogen i provided all the information u wanted, now u r not here.

Plsss plsss plsss help me out guys.

What happened to all the gurus of this forum?pls help out :(

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
To begin With:

Overclocking ur card aint gonna give u a noticible performance increment for any of the new games.....

If ur doin it just for adventure sake, Try using Powerstrip, n try various settings, n see what level u can go to.....

About the 8MB/64MB lochaa, did it exist from the time u bought the card, or it just cropped up recently?

If u dont feel any difference in the performance of ur card, just lebbe, dont let it bother u.....h/w is the real thing, what it displays is not essential...And if ur Video Memory wud have got damaged...that wud mean, if u had 8x8 RAM chips on the card, only 1 of them is workin, i dont think this cud be tru, cos if that happens, i guess ur card wont work at all....!!!

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
maverickrohan said:
About the 8MB/64MB lochaa, did it exist from the time u bought the card, or it just cropped up recently?
well i have no idea about from when it is showing 8mb.(never noticed it) :roll:

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
anywaz dude....dont worry or bother about it...u feel ur card gives u decent performance compared to other GF2 cards ...... its ok....relax

my suggestion....forget overclocking a GF2....try and save up more money so as to buy something like a 9600/5700 or the likes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom