Gears Of War Coming to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesh1683

In the zone
Today at E3 2007 Micrsoft has announced that Xbox360 exclusive title "Gears Of War" will be available for PC this holiday season

IGN said:
July 10, 2007 - In a move not considered too surprising, Microsoft announced that the popular Epic Games-developed shooter Gears of War will be coming to the PC under the Games For Windows line. Playable on both Windows XP and Vista, Gears of War will feature five new single-player missions, new multiplayer arenas playable via Games For Windows Live, and a game editor.

PC gamers can expect to see Gears of War this holiday season.
SOURCE
*pc.ign.com/articles/803/803112p1.html

*e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174054&tag=latestnews;title;4

Last edited:
OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
PC version video is here
it was leaked before and said to b rumored but now itz confirmed its ported frm 360 to PC so it says press x,y,b,a to perform actions same like halo 2

*www.systemwars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1021217&postcount=17
this level is new and exclusive for PC

I wonder wat may be the system requirements:shock:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
More than that. New features include five new chapters never before seen on the X360, new multiplayer modes, a game level editor, and full support for DirectX 10. You can run this game in DX9 mode in Windows XP as well, if necessary. Will feature full co-op support over GFW Live.

First look, the first ever PC screenshots, the official press release and the awesome promo box shot of the game available here and here.

reddragon

In the zone
aah good good good , Gears of war and Gods of war I always wanted to play , anyway...what will be the system requirments for this game?

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Still epic games have not announced the syetem requirements for GOW but itz built with unreal 3 engine and the syetem requiremets are very similar to unreal tournament 3,,

Sytem requirements for UT3 are also unknown
*unreal.freakygaming.com/pc/action/unreal_tournament_3/system_requirements.html
This is not official but might b true

As the GOW supports both DX9 and DX10 the requirements might not b very steep, and good DX9 card can run the game atleast at mid settings [guessing:D]

Epic on hardware requirements 2007-05-29: said:
Generally speaking, the game runs quite smooth with DX9 hardware released by NVidia and Ati since 2006. On high-end cards, including the DX10 models, UT3 runs incredibly smooth already. Additionally, we also support shader 2.0 graphics hardware, with only a few technical limitations.

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
the minimum system requirements may be the same as that of Rainbow six vegas(unreal 3 engine) or slightly higher...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dam good of Epic to port this game across to it's equally deserving platform.Now some of us unfortunate non-360 owning souls can get a taste of this game.But the wait seems to be too long till Chirstmas this year.:(

But I guess patience is a strong virtue at the moment.Judging that Crysis has got a September release date that should be enough momentum till GeOW comes out.I just hope & pray the 7900GT that I am about to purchase will pull off both these games.Heck I wouldn't mind even 1280x960 resolutions.:) Plus 5 new chapters for PC version,Woooohooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom