Garbled Display.Pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
I have a Compaq Presario M 2000 laptop.While fiddling with the theme settings yesterday,something must have gone kaput.Now the desktop screen,i.e the wallpaper looks very garbled & hazy.I have tried to change all settings but to vain.All display drivers are also properly loaded.
However,the display properties,settings tab, shows two monitors,1).default monitor,2)Plug & play monitor.I have tried with both but nothing happens.
Secondly,very importantly,in "safe mode",the device manager do not show any monitor,while the same is displayed in ordinary mode.
I know,it sounds a bit complicated, but can please some one help me with this problem.

Last edited:

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Does only the wallpaper look garbled? Or all the desktop icons as well?
Try setting the theme to 'Windows Claasic' and see if the desktop is ok.
Then reset it back to Windows XP theme.

Since you dont face any problems with monitors, i think its ok if u leave the system as it is.

Incase you still want to remove the extra monitor goto Control Panel-> System. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager. Under monitors you'll find both of them. Right click and disable the xtra one.

As for the Safe Mode prob. are you sure you saw 'monitors' or 'Diasplay Adapters'?

WARNING: I RECOMMEND YOU LEAVE YOUR SYSTEM AS IT IS, THIS MIGHT LEAD TO SYSTEM DISABILITY

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
right click on desktop->properties->settings tab-> select "High Colour" 32 bit.

My cousin got the same Laptop & had same problem, with desktop icons.

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
Thanks you very much Gourav.The matter was solved with reverting back to classic theme, restarting & then to XP theme.Thanks to all you guys.No,I didn't try with high color settings nor did I remove any of the 2 monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom