Status
Not open for further replies.
I m doing a research for an event mgmt company which wants to hold gaming tournaments across country. So it will be a real help if u guys can help me out with the following questions..
1. What is the present scenario of gaming tournament in Metros (no. of tournaments, frequency etc, prize money involved) ?
2. Which games are the most popular i.e. draw maximum crowd (in Multiplayer gaming) ?
3. Which present gaming tournaments attract maximum crowds (plz stick to gaming tournaments which last only 1-2 days). If u can give me rough nos, i ll be glad.
4. Which cities are commercially most viable to hold these tournaments?
My company is focused on bringing a revolution in professional gaming field. So u guys can really help in making it a successful venture..

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i can't answer all, but here are some answers

2. CS and the latest installment of NFS always attract max crowd. CS remains the ultimate tournament game though

3. World Cyber Games...its the only really serious, large scale and international tournament held in India

karmanya

Journeyman
Honestly, I doubt theres little data that you can't get from googling.
I don't usually post this, but aren't you dumping your work on the forums? always remember the source is more important than the data.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
In Kerala CS And UT 04 has max players. Even for a 5k prized matches on Colleges more than 20~30 teams of 5 is common.
Me myself is a team leader, nd won many CS matches in Kerala, especially tourneys on Engg colleges.

NFS just attracts crowd, but real champs wud be there only if CS or UT is on action.
Games like Gears of War, or UT3 wud be gr8 too, but arranging enuf rigs capable of running w/o hiccups wud be suicide.

Anythin b/w 5k~20k for solo nd 10k~? for Clan matches wud be just fine for a crowd of 70~80 teams in kerala.
Every Engg collges will have a min of 5~6 Pro teams of CS nd UT.

Last edited:
DOM, i know that CS and UT are popular in Krla coz i'm here 2.
Recently i went to a expo in angamaly and they were givin MW for players!
there would be nothing like CS or UT in a network but considering the rigs you have CRYSIS would be a good optin!:D:D:D:D:D:D

and by the way, attracting crowds in kerala does'nt meet with any type of games, just give some free goodies and a lot of flux boards, you may catch thousands!

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Did u mean Fazat? at Angamali I wud like to say, the students there dun even know the spelling of gaming.
Once they conducted Cs, nd we really got pissed off with their Devine rules like 'noo....no professional mouse allowed" and these was a bunch of a$$holes sitting behind us to track our positions nd running to the opposite team[duh!...it was home team]..nd finally we got beaten..coz we thoght of giving up nd we finished ourselves with friendly headshots nd shouted "are u satisfied"?[like the dialog Are u not entertained!! phew]
wats the point in such matches???

And also there may be hundreds of players, but most of em fires with the safety lock on....Easy way of sorting out is a grand DM on CS :p
lol
kickoff the lowest scorer every 2 min nd select some 10~15 each round outa 32.
and a team with atleast 4 qualified, will get qualified..simple as it sounds.
Its important coz more than half ll be noobs nd itz just a waste of gud time pouring ammo on them on all full rounds.
hope u get the point.

BTW where are u from?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@hari_sanker_r

u sounds like one of the guys mentioned above :p

@mayur_digitized

am one of dominator's teammate........v know the real heat of CS and UT tournaments in India.....conduct these if u wanna meet some professional gamerz in India

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Bro go to www.Skoar.com, its the portal of the Digit's sister magazine SKOAR, only Indian Gaming magazine. Guys there will be more than eager to help you out. :D
(Wanna have someone Whacked,Wasted,Rubbed Out,Silenced,Sent sleeping with fishes, Contact them):D

Dom and matt, i am from alpy - cherthala but actually, i didi'nt go to Fazat. My elder brother went. i appriciate that words said by Mr matt. But you see, i don't play Fps games. Am more likely towards like NFS, flatout, crashday etc.... But still, i play Crysis over Hamachi. the thing is that i had been mad with FPS untill one day, my pops caught me playin FEAR and that too very loud. From that moment i was banned for playing Violent games. I am only 15 right now, and my results are on the way @ 28! Phew!
But using the strategy of racing games in CS would be great.
Like Knockout, low point looser, etc...
Introducing time limit, Frag limit and ammo restriction can also get out from noobs.
And Matt, I AM NOT A NOOB OR AN a$$ !
I am proud to be a keralite in the way we think of ourself but ashamed to be a keralite in the feild of Gaming.
In my nearest local gaming center, they play what? San andreas and that too, in standalone.
But adding FIFA to the list is a great choice. most of the guys and gals know how to play fifa. and about 25% are masters in ti including ME :D:D:D
Well, if you say your locations it would be so pleasing..
He he took a long time to type.... 3 minutes!!! :D:D:D:D

OP
M

mayur_digitized

Broken In
@ karmanya
if i m not wrong, pretty much every question in this forum can be googled. so y need a forum.
yes i ve done my googling part but wat i m looking here is personal experience of the gamers.
e.g. Reliance says its championship attracts over 15000 gamers overall. I just wanna know wats the enthu level for each game n all stuff..

@ others
thnx for ur help..:p

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@hari_shanker

dats normal man......I too was like u when I ws at ur age, my bro didn't allowed me to play Violent games when I ws young :( ....so I stick with those sports games and NFS at dat time :)

BTW u need to know dat Kerala ppl r not dat poor in the field of gamming......there r gud gaming centers and professional gamerz here.......u need to see the heat of CS and UT tournaments at college level, its world class man........;-)

@mayur_digitized

Reliance usually conducts CS tourneys regularly, I think twice a year......they conducts UT death matches too( not team based, but as single challenge)........they provide their Web Worlds as WCG prelim centers too for games like CS, Age of Empires 3, Warcraft, FIFA,NFS etc

Last edited:
@ amtt, will i b abl to gt in2 CGS? any age limit and can you specifiy any webworld coz i have one in my town

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
OFFTOPIC:

@hari
there is no age limit I think(may be u must be atleast 13+ :D )........u r in alpy, nah??....then there is a Web World in Tiruvalla, dunno hw is it......only I hav heard abt it.

BTW am name is j1n M@tt not "amtt"....its "matt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom