Gaming Rig in 30K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Need a config for SLI capable gaming rig for 30K. Need only CPU,MoBo.RAM ,GPU and PSU in 30K, rest all has been covered.

Kush6

Broken In
At 32K:
Intel E8200 7K
XFX 650i SLI 5K
8800GT 12K - wait a few weeks prices will fall drastically when AMD releases the HD48XX series of cards. You could also consider 2 8600GTs in SLI - better performance at higher resolutions compared to 8800GT and cheaper too.
Corsair VX 550W or TX 650W if you want to SLI later - 6K if no SLI then get the cooler Msater eXtreme power at 3.5K
Trancend 2GB 800MHz RAM 2K.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Well the prices will not fall drastically I guess.I will take time.

For SLi use 2* 9600 GT as 2*8800 GT is hard on budget.

GPU.....EVGA OR XFX .....8800 GT 13k
RAM.....Transcend 2GB @ 800MHz @ 2k.
Processor..... E 8400 @ 9 k......... or E 6550 @ 7.5 k
PSU.... For SLi .... Tagan .... TG600-U33 @ 6 k
Non SLi .... Cooler Master eXtreme power @ 3.5K

Mobo ...Asus...... P5N E SLI @ 6.9 k

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
@johnjix +1. But wait for gfx card purchase dude. Will get unbelievable deals shortly.

Kush6

Broken In
@johnjjx
I also thought of the Abit board but he mentioned an SLI capable rig which means an NVidia chipset.

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
It aint worth goin fr sli setup fr 30k. He l bottleneck with massive crds. He has to go fr gud single crd. Can wait fr sme time n get 4850. I found link to it fr 199$.;-)

If stil u wana go fr sli board. Asus p5n-e sli

Last edited:

Kush6

Broken In
ISn't the ASUS a little expensive - 7K nearly. He could do with the XFX. And he may want to upgrade later to SLI - on a better budget. In any case, See what fits your budget dude.

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
Asus is better overclocker. If he wants to extract true juice of e8400.
Even 680sli is n option. Bt thts heavy on pocket.
I wil stil recommend abitp35+single gpu fr 30k budget.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well I want SLI capable board cause I aint gonna readily make it SLI, I will add the second card when I feel the juice is running out and you should also consider the fact that since I use my HDTV as my monitor so I can't play games in res. higher than 1360x768. Most probably get this thing in August(My Birthday). What's up with 790i SLI.
Since you guys are mentioning of a future price drop then wouldn't it be good to go for a 9800GTX then? :confused:

Kush6

Broken In
If your waiting till August and considering the 9800GTX, you should get the HD4870 instead - nearly the same price I think - just saw some benches of the GTX280 and its an equal of the 9800GX2 at a single core, so we can safely assume the HD4870 should be better than the 9800GTX. However, I expect prices of the 9800GTX to fall so choose between that and the HD4870 - whichever is more value for money at the time.
The 790i SLI board is FREAKING Expensive - if you can afford it, go for it - however, I would recommend a MSI 750i SLI or a EVGA 750i SLI instead.
Note: All this exceeds your budget of 30K easily.

amitash

Intel OCer
instead of the 9800GTX u can later go for the 3870x2 as prices wud have fallen dramatically...but a better choice wud be a single 4870

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well my patience is paying off and now I've amassed almost 50K and hope to reach the mark of 80K by the end of this fiscal year and guess what gonna spend it all on Processor, MOBo, RAM, PSU and GPU. With such dough I'm planning for Quad SLi or simple Sli if I upgrade my monitor too. :D

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well the way $h1t has been flowing, I'm sure we'll see another generation of GPU's by the end of Christmas season and that tome I'll see what to go for. :cool:

layzee

■■■■■■
Dude having SLI with 8-Lanes per card is worthless as with the ASUS P5N-E-SLI. Forget SLI under Rs. 30K and instead go for a Intel P35 Chipset based board.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 Rs. 7500
Abit IP-35E Rs. 6000
2X1GB DDR2 800MHz Transcend RAM Rs. 3000
Palit 8800GT 512MB Sonic Rs. 11500
CoolerMaster Xtreme Power 600W PSU Rs. 3500

It would be best if you wait for another 3 weeks.
I assure that you can get a monster of a rig in your budget if you can wait.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Bro, read my last to last post. I'll be upgrading in hopefully November or December and by that time I'll be having almost 80K for the upgrade :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom