Gaming over LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
people out here please give me some idea on how to configure the computer to play games on LAN..

What are the softwares needed?? and what settings need to be done ??

I am having BSNL BB Home -500 plan..and using MT882 Router..want to play games with my friends online ..they also have BSNL BB..is it possible..??

Last edited:
OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
is HAMACHI free edition enough for gaming purpose and also for security point of view..

is there any site from where I can get the names of other hamachi networks..and how to play games..

is there anything need to be done..

Anyone please explain the procedure..I have checked the site but no help.. please help me.

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

shyamno said:
is HAMACHI free edition enough for gaming purpose and also for security point of view..

is there any site from where I can get the names of other hamachi networks..and how to play games..

is there anything need to be done..

Anyone please explain the procedure..I have checked the site but no help.. please help me.

Q1. is HAMACHI free edition enough for gaming purpose and also for security point of view..

Ans :- Yup.

Q2. I have downloaded hamachi and have created a network of mine..now what to do next for playing online games..

Ans :- Created a host in the game mainly in LAN games.

*forums.hamachi.cc/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=3fd25626d496ccc30c5d1f29882c3c4d

See the link for the information you want.

Q3. is there any site from where I can get the names of other hamachi networks..and how to play games..

Ans3 :-

1. *www.hamachi-games.net/index.php?lang=en_GB
2. *www.planethamachi.com/

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
what about the ping..I and my friend are getting timeout error..where as both of us seeing the green icon next to the name..

now the last part is..that my Trends Micro PC-Cillin firewall is blocking it..but when disabling the firewall and using the WIN XP default firewall it is working fine..

So how can I add the program to the firewall exception of PC-Cillin...any suggestion..

Do I need to add both, the game.exe file as well as the hamachi client to the exception ?

but the fact is that the game is running very slow..as if I am on 128 MB RAM..i am playing FIFA WC 2006..

what may be the problem..?? Does such LAN gaming consumes a lot of bandwidth..??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom