GAMING NOTEBOOKS FEEDBACK WANTED

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by nitin_1112, Dec 23, 2004.

?

which high end notebook is best ?

1. Dell inspiron xps

100.0%
  2. Alienware area 51m-7700

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hypersonic reflexxion series aviator zx5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Voodoo envy m:790

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitin_1112

nitin_1112 New Member

I am planning to buy a desktop replacement gaming notebook but cant decide which is the best.

here are the options

1 :arrow: dell inspiron xps http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_xps?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
    2 :arrow: alienware area51m-7700 http://www.alienware.com/Configurat...sCode=PC-LT-AREA51-M-7700&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT
    3 :arrow: hypersonic reflexxion series aviator zx5 http://www.hypersonic-pc.com/2001/systems-mobile.htm
    4 :arrow: voodoo envy m:790 http://www.voodoopc.com/sellPage.aspx?productID=1006

btw my vote goes to alienware. but i need your help too. :? kindly cast the vote and post ur comments asap.

thanx :)

2. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

Hmmm

I think Alienware isnt available in India ..

3. Kannan

Kannan New Member

4. tarey_g

tarey_g Hanging, since 2004..

Re: Hmmm

yes alienware is not available here .I'll suggest dell inspiration, combo of some good features

btw what the hell is goin on in the forums , half of the topics are locked, some forum users have just nothing to post but crap. :evil:

5. OP
    OP
    nitin_1112

nitin_1112 New Member

i know alienware, hypersonic, voodoo and even inspiron xps is not available in india. i have talked to all the companies and except dell all of them ship products to india. so that not a prob i think the problem is i need a review on these killing machines so i can decide whats best value and performance.

6. OP
    OP
    nitin_1112

nitin_1112 New Member

dear kannan

u said another option is samsung m40. i dont understand how u compare that low performance notebook to these machines. here is what i got on the link u posted

SAMSUNG M40 NOTEPC
    ■ Intel® Pentium® M Processor (Centrinoâ„¢)
    715/725/735/745/755
    ■ Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
    ■ Thinnest & Lightest 17" NotePC in the
    world, weighing just 2.99 kg
    ■ Powerful Multimedia System with 17"
    (170nits) bright LCD
    ■ 16:10 wide aspect ratio

fist of all its a mobile processor so u cant match it any of the p4 ht extreme edition which is featured in all of the machines i refered.

anyways thax for ur help i appreciate it. :)

7. tuxfan

tuxfan New Member

My brother just ordered for a Dell for about 92K. It contains a DVD writer, 1.7 GHz Centrino, 512 MB RAM, 60GB HD, 15" display, 3-4 hours battery life, 3 years warranty and insurance, 2.7KG weight, etc. If you go by the reports appearing in today's newspaper, the prices will fall still further in some time.

8. Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

ok this happens 2 b the second post on laptops that i missed....ok here's my 2 cents...

i have a dell inspiron 9100 and it kicks a$$...i saved money by not going 4 the XPS...but now dell doesnt make 9100 anymore (at least in the US)

alienware has gr8 laptops...but they r too expensive...i would suggest the XPS if u wanna save some money; plus dell has its office and stuff in India...so that might come in handy if there is a problem with ur laptop...
    but if money no bar...get an alienware....

my 9100 was a gr8 deal...performance that almost matches the XPS but approx $600 cheaper...1 of my friends has an XPS....but he has some spyware issues which his machine down-he needs an HDD format...meanwhile, i kill monsters in doom 3 no trouble at all on my 9100...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.