Status
Not open for further replies.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
Looking for good pair of headphones for use in Counter Strike 1.6

sad ass budget of 1K-1.2K :p

help me out....

PS:: feel free to use this thread to discuss the sexiest headpones u ppl have for gaming and their pros n cons

karmanya

Journeyman
Pick up any senn, doesnt really matter. try for the PX 100 or PXC 150... maybe the HD series, but they tend to get pricey

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Logitech Stereo Premium headset is good for gaming like CS. It has got a real good mic nd the sound is good for games....not overdone in bass nd treble is sharp.

but absolutely no music in it, as it tends to spoil music.
*www.haggul.com/ProdImage/142\2581589.jpg
It has decent looks nd can take it for matches. the connectors are gold lated nd the volume controller looks like a jog dial[but is a simple wheel].
overall il rate ir 4.5/5 for gaming nd 2.5/5 for music and 2/5 for movies.
for voip ill rate it 4.6/5, coz the mic is rally powerful nd distortion free. Tha cables are thin enuf nd bit too long bout 2M. But no probe, u have retension on the volume controller. There is a mic mute button on the controller which is a good feature.

All this comes for just 600/-
i own one nd most of the CS players here either already have one or are plannig for one.
BTW best wishes for MX 518. Its for as low as 1.3k these days. dont carry it by coiling the cable over it as the rubber finish paint job will chip away easily.

P

paranj

Creative Fatal1ty Headset. i bught it on a Singapore trip and broke it in 2 weeks. But they are real performers. Dont know if they available here:)

OP
frederick_benny_digit

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
dont carry it by coiling the cable over it as the rubber finish paint job will chip away easily.

thnx for the tip...it doesnt come with a carrier bag like razer rite??? wonder if i can get my hands on the razer pouch from somewhere..looks cool :D

i came across a few more choices on the net..just wanna get an opinion before making the final choice...i need the headphones for cs 1.6 (so mic is crucial,don't wanna have an extra mic stick),music n movies (in that order).the stars indicate how much i have rated them based on their price,looks and reviews (in forums by actual users) ::

Logitech Stereo Premium headset Rs 600-700 ****
Altec Lansing AHS502i Stereo Headset Rs 900-1000 *****
SENNHEISER Headphones-PX-40 Rs 1500 ** (Looks lame)
SENNHEISER HEADPHONES PMX 40 Rs 1800 *** (SEXY LOOKS!! :D )
GENIUS HP-04D DELUXE STYLISH HEADPHONE Rs 900 ***
Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 --- < RULED OUT FOR EXCESS COMPLAINTS OF EAR PAINS AFTER CONSTANT USE >

Last edited:
OP
frederick_benny_digit

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
UPDATE:::

Looked all over for Altec Lansing AHS502i on S.P road, couldn't find them anywhere :( .So bought Logitech Premium Stereo Headset for Rs. 620/- . But I am dissapointed by it's audio quality.Its quity flat and lacks the punch (by quite a lot!) . I thought maybe it would be like some speakers which get better after a bit of use but I doubt if that happens in headphones too :p .Anyway, will stick to it for a while. Although it does look quite cool and the mic looks sexy too. oh! and BTW, the mic quality is awesome, but the headphone lacks where it is required the most....

M4yheM

Right off the assembly line
Even i need good headphones.....
I've heard hd201 sennheiser are good,
but do they have microphone???????????
If yes then they are good choice for <1300 on theitdepot.com
If they don't then are there any good headphones with detachable mic and good for both gaming and music.
Are detachable mic available seperately for headphones???????????:confused:

M4yheM

Right off the assembly line
Is there any low budget headphone wid detachable mic like the steelseries siberia...............
Around 1.5k :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom