Gaming Hardware Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigoatul

Broken In
Hi Guys,
Im planning on buying a new system.Need help with deciding the system config.I currently have a compaq with an AMD athlon 1.3ghz.Shud i go for an AMD 64 bit or Intel Pentium D or Pentium 4.If so which one?Also mention the mobo model and the video card.Is ATI x800 better than nvidia 6600GT?I usually play games,listen to music and am planning to encode movies to Divx with the new system.Ans how abt the speakers 2.1/5.1.Planning on Altec Lansing MX5021 but they r on the xpensive side.Any other worthy alternatives?My budget is around 50K.Your suggestion wud be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Atul

Let the games begin.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I will suggest the following config:-

AMD Athlon 64 3220+
Asus A8N-E
512*2 Transcend Ram
160 GB Hitachi Sata II
Xfx geforce 6600gt 256mb

Now the speakers. If u like to watch movies and play games than go for 5.1 and if u r a music fan than go for 2.1

Mx5021 jst rocks for music. It is awsome.
In 5.1 u can go for Altec Lansing 5100 or vs3151r or Logitech Z-5300.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
well if price is no factor i suggest u go for x800xt which is pci-e and crossfire ready and if u want a nvidia then a 7600 gs maybe

certainly the x800 is better than a 6600 gt but the 6600 is certainly bang for the buck with impressive performance

OP
A

amigoatul

Broken In
Thanks for the reply.

How abt ati x800XL and nvidia 7600GS/GT.R these cards available now.If so how much wud these cost?
Wats the difference in performance and price b/w the amd 3200+ and 3500+?
Will i need a sound card if i buy the altecl lansing mx5021 speakers with an nforce mobo with intg sound?
Also which is the best case for abt 2 grand and 400W psu.
Monitor viewsonic or samsung?
Hdd seagate or WD??
Mobo Asus or Gigabyte nforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom