Gaming Cyber Zone (Cafe),,, Please help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravjain20

Right off the assembly line
Hello Friends,

I am hardcore subscriber of Digit magazine and have subsciribed it since it's inception (when it was CHIP. Inspired by the popularity of gaming, I have decided to set up a cyber zone for gaming in my home town Ahmedabad with a capacity of around 20 pc's. People would get a chance to play the latest PC games and enjoy the graphics with sound. I will do this with couple of my friends.

Since this is my initial experience, I would like your views about this kind of zones being set up. Are they successful? Are people willing to go to cyberzones and spend rs. 20-25 to play games for one hour. Will this idea be successful?

Please, please let me know your views. Just write whatever you think, but please, please, do write!! I am also looking for a few helpful links available on net to guide me though such a set up. Any links explaining about getting good deal on PC's, setting up gaming zones, investments, ideal PC configuration would be appreciated.

Thanks soooo much,

Kind Regards,

Gaurav

Last edited:
OP
G

gauravjain20

Hello Friends,

I am hardcore subscriber of Digit magazine and have subsciribed it since it's inception (when it was CHIP. Inspired by the popularity of gaming, I have decided to set up a cyber zone for gaming in my home town Ahmedabad with a capacity of around 20 pc's. People would get a chance to play the latest PC games and enjoy the graphics with sound. I will do this with couple of my friends.

Since this is my initial experience, I would like your views about this kind of zones being set up. Are they successful? Are people willing to go to cyberzones and spend rs. 20-25 to play games for one hour. Will this idea be successful?

Please, please let me know your views. Just write whatever you think, but please, please, do write!! I am also looking for a few helpful links available on net to guide me though such a set up. Any links explaining about getting good deal on PC's, setting up gaming zones, investments, ideal PC configuration would be appreciated.

Thanks soooo much,

Kind Regards,

Gaurav

Last edited:

Ravirdv

Broken In
There is a great cafe at Ahmadabad "Eplay" near Sandesh Press, Vastrapur I think you should visit there and you will know which games are hot favorite and what kind of setup you need and numbers of gamers play there. just visit there.

bukaida

In the zone
you will get better response at the Gamerz section.BTW Digit and Chip are two separate magazines.

OP
G

gauravjain20

Hello Friends,

I am hardcore subscriber of Digit magazine and have subsciribed it since it's inception. Inspired by the popularity of gaming, I have decided to set up a cyber zone for gaming in my home town Ahmedabad with a capacity of around 20 pc's. People would get a chance to play the latest PC games and enjoy the graphics with sound. I will do this with couple of my friends.

Thanks soooo much, :) :) :)

Kind Regards,

Gaurav

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
quite an xpensive affair. well if the locality u r setting up ur cafe is good then u can expect good returns. lots of things to b taken into consideration b4 opening up a business, hope u have done that research. anyway good luck.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
quite an xpensive affair. well if the locality u r setting up ur cafe is good then u can expect good returns. lots of things to b taken into consideration b4 opening up a business, hope u have done that research. anyway good luck.

S

shashank_digitreader

good idea anyway!
but.......tough and expensive one.

T

thunderbird.117

It is good but. The gaming need good grpahics card. You have to keep updating your graphics card and processor and motherboard. If you dont get a good profit it bad.

moshel

Padawan
hey man me frm ahmedabad too!!! welcome to Digit...

btw sysfilez says right. u have to choose a good locality....u have any in mind, i suggest on the 100 feet road (the one leading to prahladnagar garden) or on the other side that is Judges bungalow road, towards the highway. there are good income group people living there and the place will surely be a hit over there.

firstly for setting up u will need to decide on ur budget. u can get a decent enuf pc for abt 25K (with a not so gr8 monitor and those frontech headphones). nobody will care whether the sound is good or not.

OP
G

gauravjain20

Thanks for that. The area suggested by "moshel", which is 100 feet road or around vastrapur towards highway is that we are looking for. How about university road near LD eng college?

Our budget too is near 25K-30K. Could you suggest any good website in US so that we can import gaming PC's based on AMD series from there. and really, I don't know about checks in gaming parlors....

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@gauravjain
hey buddy dont forget to invite us in ur opening ceremony. we all hope to be ur first customer.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
sysfilez said:
@gauravjain
hey buddy dont forget to invite us in ur opening ceremony. we all hope to be ur first customer.

GOT TO BE KIDDING..kolkata to gujrat.... 8)

@gauravjain20

AMD based machine is good option..do not spend much on sound and ..but haev good key board or joysticks..and yes there mi be checks form police for piracy....just for hafta..so be sure to have contacts..or better have all orginal stuff..... ;)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1)In digit magazine it was mentioned, sometime/long time back there were 2 people who set up a gaming cafe, read that.

2)Keep in mind that you need to spend a lot initially on space, interiors, furniture, employ people etc. Then each comp is gonna cost like Rs.30000 or more and around 15000-30000 or more per annum after that. Then who need to buy orignal XP and other software + orignal games for each comp. All this is gonna cost a bomb.

3)If you keep it at Rs.25, people will come, surely, but you will go into big losses. Calculate:
8hrs average gaming 7 days a week per computer
8 X 25 X 7 X 4 X 10 = 56000 from each computer, provided it works out so that each comp is full for 8hrs each day for around 300 days a year. Even if you provide internet etc, it will gonna vary from 30-75k an anuum or maybe 40-60k per annum to be more precise.
Now, if you get around 50k per computer which I kind of doubt, this means that the first 20k go on the computer, another 10k or more on the software(unless you use india times service which will save you lacs each annum), making it 30k. The rest for rent, emplyoment and other expensenses, like electricity. What do you finally get???
Nothing!!!

You need to calculate such things.

The Rig I would suggest you if you want maximum gains in long term:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 - 10500
Gigabyte 965 S3 - maybe around 7-8k
Overclock this thing like hell, get cooling if required.
2 GB DDR2 667 - 8500+
250GB storage - 3800
Geforce 7600GT - 9000+

Upgrade this comp after 1.5-2yrs, and after a yr just upgrade the GPU to a new Dx 10 mainstream.

Else get AMD 64 single core for cheaper investment.

How much cash do you have?
I would say you should be having atleast 10-15lacs at the min for the kind of thing you wanna do.

Ideal 30k PC

AMD 64 3200 Venice s939 / AM2 - 4000+
Overclock to 2.4-2.6

Asus A8N E s939 / some AM2 mobo - 5500

2 X 512MB DDR 400 Transcend(UCCC chips) / DDR2 667 - 4500-5000+

Seagate SATA II NCQ 160GB - 3000

Generic cabinet - 1000

Powersafe 400 watts / CM 430 - 1500/2200

combo - sub 1500

Onboard sound

Samsung 798MB Plus / Sasmung 17" TFT(preferd for less educated masses) - 6000+/11000 or so

MS Internet/Multimedia KB - around 500 or so

MS Comfort 3000 or intellimouse 4 - 800

Altec Lansing 2.1 - 1500 or so

Geforce 7600GS - 6500

Around 37k or more

if you buy in bulk you might get it sub 35k

Last edited:
OP
G

gauravjain20

Wow Akshayt, that was some awesome advice. Looking for more advice though, for a AMD based cofiguration for around 25K. The PC's I would set up is around 15.

Thanks.

Gaurav

OP
G

gauravjain20

Hey Guyz..

The budget would be around 10 lacs (initial). Can someone please provide list of Games which an ideal LAN gaming cafe would consist of. Also, will each pc need a separate Operating system.

For example, if I go for Win XP professional, Will I need to buy separate one for each pc. The number of PC's I am going for is around 20.

Thanks so much.

Gaurav

T

thunderbird.117

gauravjain20 said:
Hey Guyz..

The budget would be around 10 lacs (initial). Can someone please provide list of Games which an ideal LAN gaming cafe would consist of. Also, will each pc need a separate Operating system.

The list of games which is good for Lan :-

1. Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne.
2. Unreal Tournament 2004
3. Counter Strike :- Source or Counter Strike :- Strike.
4. Act of War :- High Treason.
5. Star Craft :- Brood War
6. Age of Empires III.
7. Quake 3 or 4.
8. FIFA 06
9. NFS: Most Wanted.
10. Dawn of War : Winter Assault

For example, if I go for Win XP professional, Will I need to buy separate one for each pc. The number of PC's I am going for is around 20.

Yes. That is what Microsoft Term states each for one pc. You can get discount.

Stalker

Padawan
FEAR Combat, CoD2, Halo, Counter-strike Condition Zero & Source, Doom 3, Quake 4, FIFA, NFS Most Wanted, LOTR : Battle 4 middle earth 2 are gud games 4 lan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom