gaming and india

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratzee199

Journeyman
hi guyzzzz
i am a student of MBA and currently involved in a reserch. the topic is Gaming scenario in India. the Fast-Track was really helpful for that. But i want some source of data. I mean how many players are in India? what's their age level, What kind of games people normally playing.. and so on.
i found these kind of statistics for USA/World. But i need these considering India. So can anyone plzzz help me out???
:?:

CyCo

In the zone
dude try visitin some cafes in and around ur place .. im frm pune and i goto a cafe and find ppl from 8 yrs old to 25 yrs old ..

never been to calcutta but have seen tons of these gaming cafes in pune , bombay , madras ...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thats because the scenario in India for Gaming is developing gradually.In US it has spanned into a Multi-Billion Dollar industry but out here there are various causes which still setback the widespread of gaming.As for the research thing,I believe there are some very serious gamers present in India varying from Age 13-30.As for games its just a matter of personal choice but some of the most common games Like GTA series,Fifa Series,NFS Series,Counter Strike,Unreal Tournament 2004,Quake 3 Arena,Hl 2,Doom 3 and the list could go on and on.Plus this is just for the PC section.Console breeders are a separate bunch.I have taken notice that many colleges are now begining to include Gaming Festivals on a large scale which has evetuall promoted Lan Gaming.Heck even the WCG tournaments have started picking up out here.Promotional Expo's like Skoar's recent Gaming Expo showed that we are no behind in showcasing gaming hardwares and related material.3D Gaming and Develpoing course have spread as well albeit at a very high cost.Stroll to some Cyber cafes and you'll see Internet surfing is just almost nothing comapred to Games that are being played in those computers.In the cafe that I visit there are atleast 6 Gamers for the 10 available PC's.:D

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
@ratzee ..
Best place for you to get such statistics is : *www.wcgindia.com/
It's the olympics of cyber gaming world.
Contact it's organizers .. I think you must be able to get good information.

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom