Games that has a life

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i have not had this experience till i played "Beyond good and evil" a two years back , since then i have always been searching for one that comes close to it ..and i have not seen one.
please do feel to put in the game that feels the same for you along with what makes it feel so

my point about "beyond good and evil"
1.characters - look at them , ("not humans ", i know) , but they have that innocent feeling (the kids ) , that really brings you down to earth. Their expressions, that really tells you that you must save them at any cost.
2.land - aaah!!!! those were the most beautiful and perfectly maching ones that i have seen . all matches well , jades home , the mountain, the workshop, alpha quarters , the waters, the whole environment of that game mixes well.
3.color combination - yes , to produce a game you need to have a good understanding of the color combination, and i believe that the whole game reflects that from the flushy green life like lands seen all around.
4.music - do i have to say anything about that in particular , a good music is the best complement to any piece of work, immagine movies like LOTR, Phenomenon, Monsters inc. , titanic (pph) ...with out music . a good game is also bad with out good music , anyone who hears the music of this game will fall in love with it .
p.s : note that a music must also blend with what we see to produce that stunning life like effect then only it becomes good.the "home sweet home" music in the waters has created a feeling of nostalgia for me.
Story - the most important for anything , game, movie, drama, book, you name it. it needs a story , a good story . this game has just that.
integraion - you are playing a game, yes, (so what?) , you will want that game and its cutseens to flow smoothly with earch other so that you do not know about the transition , when you have a game like that its worth putting your money in to it.
ideas - Bring something new , but bring some thing thats either funny (that makes you laugh and feel happy about it) , some thing brilliant (that makes you think seriously about it), or something that change the way that you are . if the ideas that dont come under this then its worth to neglect them, what i meant to say was the camera addition in the game , just makes the game more funny , and its some thing i always wanted to do, taking photos of beautiful things, and boy the game has just that......
last but not the least, the tie ups in the family , the tie ups between the characters........." did anyone noticed the end credits, where they show the family photos ...that should gve you an idea.

alright i have justified that game....time for you turn....:)

T

thunderbird.117

Very Nice games. I heard they were making second part i dont know what happened to that.

ankush

Broken In
Well , I remember such a game called Freedom Fighters. You have to play it to believe it.

1) Amazing Storyline: The Soviet Armed Forces have taken over America and the way they conquer is the part which is truly amazing. Needless to say, resistance starts popping up in many parts and we play as Christopher, who was a plumber before the war. There are a LOT of twists in the game which make it very exciting at every turn and the missions dont look like missions , they actually feel like you are a part of the game and want to keep playing on.

2) Character Development: Inbetween missions we have to go back to the base of the rebels for new locations , weapons and many subtle character development scenes take place.

3) Amazing Backdrop: Even though the graphics arent so hot now (its a 2003 game) you still feel like you are the war torn victim who has to fight to free the victims of opression.

4) Humorous cutscenes: The missions have an interlude in which the cutscene is shown in the form of a news show chronicling what we have done.

5) Music: Saved the best for the last. The music is so surreal and so dramatic that it gives even the best games like BGAE a run for its money. It was the music which made me go on and keep playing in the wee hours of the night. Its actually so balanced and dramatic which gives me that amazing feeling that what I'm doing is for the entire nation and not for oneself.

You just have to play it from start to finish and experience it. Its such and amazing thrill ride that it shouldnt be missed.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Very nice game called "Boiling Point" ... hey the engine could be buggy , but tell me another game where u'd be chased around by a tiger in the jungle .... or may have to catch and sell snakes for money ??? the closest to real life experience in a game that i got ...

OP
rajasekharan

rajasekharan

Youngling
Freedom Fighters.....hmm.....definitely try that...:)

boiling point....hey thats coooooooooooooll.....i like the concept..., is the graphics good...?, regrardless i like that idea...so innovative...:)

True Geek

Journeyman
Try Freedom Fighters. It is one of the most under-rated game. The Game was amazing, simply amazing. Graphics is good too, if not great. Everything else, from story to gameplay is awasome.Ankush has described everything perfectly. Just try it, you won't regret.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
axualluy it was not underrated at all but was a big hit,
if i remember gspot gave it a 9.3.

Boiling point 2 is in production as white gold.
I hope it is not that buggy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom