Games problem with XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slagad

Broken In
I have Win XP Pro SP2, 102 Intel motherboard, DDR2 512 RAM, 2.8 Dual core processor. An Internal modem, 256 Mb GeForce 7300LE PCI Express graphic card.

On my old PC all my original games used to work fine (Cricket 2005, Battle For Middle Earth, Unreal Tournament 2004, Far Cry etc.), however with my new PC with the above configuration, I am unable to play any game for which the playable CD is required in the drive. Everytime the games start and tries to detect the CD in the drive; the PC instantly restarts.

Is there something wrong with my configuration or is SP2 interfering.

Mounting images did not work. I have the lates Antivirus definition files and have scanned the drives with Ad-Aware professional, still no luck.

PLEASE HELP. :)

Last edited:

DukeNukem

Come get Some
What Best I Can Say Is That You gift Your New PC to Me
And Live Happily With Your Old PC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Whats mine is mine whats yours is mine

mihirvashist

Journeyman
DukeNukem said:
What Best I Can Say Is That You gift Your New PC to Me
And Live Happily With Your Old PC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Whats mine is mine whats yours is mine
there was no need for this stupid comment of yours....:mad:

On my old PC all my orginal games used to work fine (Cricket 2005, Battle For Middle Earth, Unreal Tournament 2004, Far Cry etc.), however with my new PC with the above configuration, I am unable to play any game for which the playable CD is required in the drive. Everytime the games start and tries to detect the CD in the drive; the PC instantly restarts.

Is there something wrong with my configuration or is SP2 interfering.

PLEASE HELP. :)
----------------------------
do you mean that ur cd drive does not detect ur playable cd in the drive..
but the games which run from ur HDD shud run fine...
get ur xp patche or if necessary use the cd to repair some iles.....
it can also be work of some sort of preprogrammed trojan or any other malware.....use a malware remover tool to remove it
well i can't say what exactly but try the above procedures and see if u get any result

Last edited:

Pragadheesh

In the zone
Scan your entire system with latest upgraded antivirus.
Also try mounting an image of the cd by means of image drive.

blademast3r

In the zone
I dont think its a prob with the os..seems like some problem with ur cd drive..maybe driver conflicts or something..not too sure...Just check yuor device manager under hardware in control panel...

mihirvashist

Journeyman
slagad said:
Anyone got more suggestion. Please.

all i can say is that try to see if ur drivers are updated or not..if not get them updated.....
scan ur entire hdd with updated anti virus/malware removal etc...
if still not working ask a pro to open ur drive and see what's the problem..

OP
S

slagad

Broken In
Thanks guys, for you suggestions. I use McAfee 8.0 which is up to date, Zone Alarm and Ad-Aware professional. my system is clean at the moment.

The problem with emulation is that emulation software is unable to create an image for the original game CD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom