Game programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
I want to learn game programming....i dont where to start....xna or directx....which is better....why....Also as i career point of view suggest me....

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
XNA does use DirectX as its base!

Only difference between XNA and Generic DirectX C++ Programming is that XNA uses C#!

And C# is easy to learn and manage :D

Teh FAQ!

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
so what will be the life of xna...will it be used in pro game studios ?? i want to seek career in game programming....i am currently pursuing engg in comp...

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
amey_dude said:
so what will be the life of xna...will it be used in pro game studios ?? i want to seek career in game programming....i am currently pursuing engg in comp...
It is better if you learn DirectX Programming using C/C++, However it is hectic (and annoying) :|

XNA is from Microsoft Themselves! So I think it'll stay on.

But better learn the normal method :) (i.e. DirectX/OpenGL using C++)

Dudes .... count me in too ..... i am a student of Comp Engg .. and want to pursue my carrer in game programming .............. can any one give me guidance ????? Plz ...........

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
we were a group of 10 -12 comp engg ...when we started our degreee wanted to enter GAME PROGRAMMING....its starts as a very good option...but after finishing our degree only 1 has managed to really pursue and enter Gaming company....

first and foremost...u should be PRO in programming..c, c++, java etc..
second u must be very good in academics to get into any gaming company as fresher...
thirdly very few companies hire freshers (fact)
and fourth there very few vacancies....even for expereinced... ( one of the reason we all are not working with gaming company)

Some FACTS of doing a GAME PROGRAMMING job:
1>> Hectic job
2>> No time bound...u must forget ur extra curricular life
3>> its not like u will get to play games and games...
4>> if ur into INDIAN gaming company..dont expect the outcome of games to be like far cry, fear, halo etc etc...its diff world out there
5>>Pay scale starts very low .... ( thats the other main reason, when better offer comes...only PASSIONATE people go for it)

CONS>>
with exp of 3-5 years u can brea kinto ABROAD gaming company..and earn real big...pay rise very HIGH...very very HIGH...

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
your friend got recruted in which company....how much pay did he got....and in which year he got recruted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom