game installs but does not play on xp?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry_nitish

Broken In
i have a winxp sp1 installation on e:\ and a intel p4 2.0 ghz processor with 128 mb ram and 9.0c dirctx installed

i brought a original motoracer2 cd ot play the game wrightly install and displlays no error while installing but after installing the game does not play the game window does not open and neither the windows displys any error i dont know what the problem but the disck is perfectly ok because it do play on my win98se installtion. AND WHEN I TRIED TO SEARCH INCD TO CHECK MY SYSTEM CONFIG FOR THIS GAM IT DISPLAYED ONE OF THE CONFIGURATION WHICH WAS NOT FULLFILLED IT WAS LIKE THIS

DEVICE
CPU FAMILY

REQUIREMENT
80356 CLASS

YOUR SYSTEM

AND WHEN I CLOSES IT IT DISPLAYS AN ERROR SAYING THIS GAME NEEDS AT LEAST A 80356 PROCESSOR AND IT FOUND 0 ON YOUR SYSTEM.

I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT CAN U STILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM BCOZ THE GAME WORKED WHEN I HAD A WIN98SE INSTALLATION

AND THIS WAS NOT THE END EVEN I CANT RUN ANY GAME I WANT TO IBSTALL
LIKE DELTA FORCE TASK FORCE DRAGER . PLEASE HELP ME

hsksattish

Broken In
it looks like maybe ur game was suited for a lower version of directx.many older games like prince of persia 3d failed to play for me as i use directx 9c.better use windows 98.

check the manufacturer's site an see if there r any patches avilable.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well try this right click on the game exe....go to compatibility ..select Win95/98 ...256 color ...press ok and try to run the game...

OP
H

harry_nitish

Broken In
hi saroman i saw ur reply but i told u na that there was no problem with the display bcoz many a times i tried to change the display to all the setiings and started the game but the same thing took place . i just want to know whta is the cpu family the game is talking about and how can i configure it.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Write to EA Support(if i am correct MOTO RACER 2 is by EA Sports.). Beacuse the game was released in DEC. 1998 so it is very old and does not support NT/2000/XP type systems. Maybe they have a trick.

I solved my same BRIAN LARA CRICKET 99 problem on XP Compatibility by writing to Codemasters Support.

So write to EA today. If game is original mention your CD-KEYS(original) and code no.s to get even faster support from EA.

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya , I have a similar problem with NFS , the game installs perfectly fine, but it does not run. No ERROR are given by Windows XP. I installed this game on Windows XP with SP2 and all latest Updates.

What amazingly I found is,

1. The Game had install on a machine with P4 2.0 Ghz, with Windows XP SP2 ( without any recent updates!) and also was able to place on this machine.

------

As far as Mr.harry_nitish question about CPU FAMILY goes, here is the answer.

Intel has marked all its processor under certain family category. Which simply means all processors do not have the same features even if they are all Pentium 4 Processors.

Pentium 4 Processors has two many families or say versions.

For Example : Pentium(R) 4 Processor 530J, LGA775 Pkg

Here, the word 530J is the family name of the P4 Processor.

TIP :To find what family your Processor is look at the Processor BOX , you will find the KEY LABEL, read it.

For more details visit the following link.

*www.intel.com/products/processor_number/index.htm

iinfi

mekalodu
try running the game in Windows XP administrator mode .... some older games run only in admin privileges ....

i remember some older games not running after i upgraded to Win XP sp2 ...... earlier without service pack nfs V was running flawlessly .... but after upgrading to SP2 it didnt run even in admin mode ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom