1024MB DDR400 zion RAM(2*512MB)
120GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA IDE HDD
LG STUDIOWORKS 700E MONITOR
NVIDIA FORCEWARE DRIVER 71.89
400 watts COLORSIT SMPS
600 VA SERENE UPS
WINDOWS XP -NO SERVICE PACK INSTALLED.
DIRECTX 9.0C

THE PROBLEM IS GAMES OFTEN FREEZE WHILE PLAYING AND MOST OF THE TIME THE SYSTEM GETS RESTARTED GIVING THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT "THE DISPLAY DRIVER WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE DRAWING oPERATION . THIS MAY BE DUE TO DRIVER INSTABILITY."MY ORIGINAL 66 VERSION DRIVER ALSO GAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. EVEN THE DIRECT3D TEST ON DIRECTX TEST RESULTS SOMETIMES IN A FREEZING CUBE.what am I supposed to do to solve the problem?
ARIJIT

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
arijit basu said:
My system configuration is
AMD athlon64 3000+ 939 pin processor
MSI RS 480 pci-express Ati express200 chipset motherboard
GeForce 6600GT PCI-express 128MB
1024MB DDR400 zion RAM(2*512MB)
120GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA IDE HDD
LG STUDIOWORKS 700E MONITOR
NVIDIA FORCEWARE DRIVER 71.89
400 watts COLORSIT SMPS
600 VA SERENE UPS
WINDOWS XP -NO SERVICE PACK INSTALLED.
DIRECTX 9.0C

THE PROBLEM IS GAMES OFTEN FREEZE WHILE PLAYING AND MOST OF THE TIME THE SYSTEM GETS RESTARTED GIVING THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT "THE DISPLAY DRIVER WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE DRAWING oPERATION . THIS MAY BE DUE TO DRIVER INSTABILITY."MY ORIGINAL 66 VERSION DRIVER ALSO GAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. EVEN THE DIRECT3D TEST ON DIRECTX TEST RESULTS SOMETIMES IN A FREEZING CUBE.what am I supposed to do to solve the problem?
ARIJIT

may b my answer isn't correct but u can try reinstalling ur driver once again shud keep ur drivers up to date. Also u can uninstall da drivers n download a fresh copy of drivers n try installing again. Hop this works.

Plz correct me if i hav said sumthing wrong. :roll:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Clean ur RAM module witha clean cloth ( with a dry one Ofcourse :wink: ) and insert it back in the Slot.. and this shud solve ur problem.... :)
Also check whether the System and processor Fans r working properly or not and clean up ur Heat sink Fan with a paint brush...

cheers n peace....

OP
A

arijit basu

Broken In
my pc is barely 2 months old.do you think the ram is dusty?could there be any problem with the SMPS? is 400 watt not enough for this configuration?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Ur RAM seems the culprit, jus do the following:
RUB (with the help of a pencil eraser) that portion of RAM wich we insert in the Slot, do that and even clean the RAM slot with the help of a brush, Now insert the RAM again into the cleaned slot and restart ur PC, ur problem must be solved :)

If the problem persists, then take a RAM from ur friend's PC and insert it in ur motherboard and if the PC starts normally, then ur RAM is corrupted.Talk to ur vendor and make him exchange ur faulty RAM with a new one as RAM is under warranty for abt a year or so depending on different vendors... IF u wanna buy a new RAM then plz spend sum money and buy ONLY branded RAMs like from Kingston or Hynix.
Ur power supply (SMPS) is more than enough brother for the Configuration that u mentioner, try out these steps and do post ur results here so that we can help u out in a better way... U can also use sum softwares like CPU-Z ( can be found in DIGIT CDs) install it and see if the RAM gives any other type of problems.

cheers n peace.... :)

OP
A

arijit basu

Broken In
my previos card was burnt the next day it was bought.the system restarted while playing POPww.the display never came back.why?why?why?

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
arijit basu said:
my previos card was burnt the next day it was bought.the system restarted while playing POPww.the display never came back.why?why?why?

It seems that u r in a deep trouble. Plz consult any software engineer as soon as possible. Bye

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
your SMPS has had it...get it changed... I had a similar prob with a fx5900 sent it to the dealer...cam back saying all ok...similar prob... checked on a different comp...all ok...took sys apart...found smps was not regulating voltage properly. buy a good one...if u can buy a 6600gt you can buy a VIP or antec smps..don't skimp on it

sandeeprao

Broken In
i had the same prob with my geforce 4mx 420 (mercury). it used to happen for all games.an error msg always said that it could not complete some drawing shit and some loop crap.what i did was, i got my friends msi driver cd and installed that ,it worked and the problem stoped.u could try the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom