Gainward 6600gt golden sample 128 MB GS GLH : Under 9k!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
source

Graphic Card: Gainward Ultra/1960 PCX XP 128 MB GS GLH (Rs 8,900)

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/4824_gainward_ultra_1960pcx.jpg

The card from Hell is back. Yes, I am talking about the Goes Like Hell' version from Gainward. For those who are familiar with Gainward cards, you know that GS stands for Golden Sample - a special version of cards wherein they use higher clocked and hence higher performing components. As I mentioned, GLH stands for Goes Like Hell and goes a step higher than the GS versions when it comes to clock speed and performance. The PCI-E card in focus here is based on the nVidia 6600GT chipset. A standard 6600GT card has a GPU core of 500 MHz and a memory clock of 1000 MHz. In this GLH version, the core is clocked at 540 MHz and the memory at 1150 MHz thus pushing the performance up by a few notches. It is now available for a great price of Rs. 8,900. That equates to a price drop of Rs. 2,000 in just over 6 weeks. Now, that's one Hell of a deal

mohit

The Hardware Labs
who is distributing these cards ? i had checked with mediatech last and they dint have single golden sample card.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ya i also want to know hwo is the distributer of gainward cards. and from where can i get it in delhi

asdf1223

Journeyman
but leadtek has 550 mhz core and a 1160 mhz memmory clock so its still the
fastest but prices i guess are still 10k+.(correct me if i am wrong.).i bought a card for my friend for 12.5k nearly 3 months

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi, I also want to know the distributor of these Gainward cards. I am from Kolkata. Can I get it there. I will be going for an upgrade in the near future and so please treat this is as important.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
yes buddy prices will drop u see a new card 7800 gt not gtx has come to market so price for 6800 ,6600 and 6600 utlra are coming down so more u wait more prices are going to come down

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
6800GT/Ultra prices coming down!!! Wow...unbelievable...!!! What, can I get it for sub 20k prices???

BTW, what is the source of this wonderful news?

Thanks.

G

gxsaurav

by the time the cost of 6800nU comes down, Nvidia would have already launched the 7600 series, then insted of buying 6800Nu people will again "WAIT" for the prices to come down for the 7600

same situation goes with 6600GT from Gainward, now since it's down in price people are waiting for the 6800nU to come down in price

If U wanna buy, buy it now, computer parts clash in price very quickly, U can never have a "New" PC, even if U buy the fastest one out there, in 3 months there will be something slightely faster

Be efficient, calculate your requirment & dont' wait always for the prices to come down, 9K, for a 6600GT is good enough, to play all games, at 1024X768 at 4X AA & 4X anis, many of U have 17" or 15" monitors, so U can't go any further is resolution (1280X1024 is useless over 1024X768 for gaming) & incresing the AA & Anis further, will provide no noticable quality over this

The problem with gainward is the availability, hardly available anywhere outside Delhi & Mumbai,

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
When is the 7600 series being released and from where did you get the news?

Ya, one can never have a new computer. As of now, the 6600GT will suffice our normal needs. The latest and the best will become old in a few months time. Remember the time when Geforce FX was released? Then the GF4 series was outdated. Same is the case with every PC component...

Someday a 128bit processor will hit the market and then the 64 bit Athlons will be outdated. This is just to cite an example.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Thatz amazing newz......!!!!!!!!! But Gainward is not available in kolkata... hope@best tht XFX brings its prices down!!!!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
That's bad, Gainward not available in Kolkata, Leadtek is also not available in Kolkata. Asus and XFX only available here. Let's hope they bring their prices down.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
saurav please read properly what i have said i dint tell him to wait for the prices to come down i have just told him prices have come down and that it will keep coming down. prices for all the graphic cards have come down thats all i have said i just informed him that also what are u talking about 7600 dont get me wrong but just for ur information gforce 7 series has two models for one to select now 7800gtx with 24 pipelines and 7800gt with 20 pipeline so right now 7600 u are telling is a card which is not existing i dont think so any of the hard ware website have written any thing about its arrival if there is please proved a source link here is a link to the card 7800 gt which has beeen realese just few days back
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/geforce7800-gt.html
some time we feel that we have a unbelivable offer in our hand and just round the corner is another offer when one buys any part of pc one cannot be hasty one has to reaserch or u might end up crying at ur own misfortune because 10 thousand is not a samll amount which u can impulsively spend because just because the offer looks good reaserch for a liitle and u have a another offer were u might end up puting little more but will get something better than u expected just to give u a example i was going to buy a 3800 venice core for 23 thousand but just in few days 3800 x2 days came and i am getting the dual core for 24 thousand so now tell me arent those few day hardly 6 days worth it other than this its own choiceif one wants to go ahead and buy athing widly or rather have patcience and do a liittle bit of research your choice

samanvya_ad

Broken In
Re: Gainward 6600gt golden sample 128 MB GS GLH : Under 9k!

tarey_g said:
source

Graphic Card: Gainward Ultra/1960 PCX XP 128 MB GS GLH (Rs 8,900)

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/4824_gainward_ultra_1960pcx.jpg

The card from Hell is back. Yes, I am talking about the Goes Like Hell' version from Gainward. For those who are familiar with Gainward cards, you know that GS stands for Golden Sample - a special version of cards wherein they use higher clocked and hence higher performing components. As I mentioned, GLH stands for Goes Like Hell and goes a step higher than the GS versions when it comes to clock speed and performance. The PCI-E card in focus here is based on the nVidia 6600GT chipset. A standard 6600GT card has a GPU core of 500 MHz and a memory clock of 1000 MHz. In this GLH version, the core is clocked at 540 MHz and the memory at 1150 MHz thus pushing the performance up by a few notches. It is now available for a great price of Rs. 8,900. That equates to a price drop of Rs. 2,000 in just over 6 weeks. Now, that's one Hell of a deal

where to buy this card ....?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
visit here for more info on 6600GT cards with price and availability

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27723

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom