FX 5200 on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit gala

Right off the assembly line
hey guys i got query will vista run smoothly on fx5200 (256) if yes is it worth buying it @ 1500 bux. thnx in advance...my budget is 2k as i dont play any games...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
U don't need a graphics card to run windows vista.The graphics are for the people who wants the max. pleasure out of the operating system.U can run VISTA on an onboard display.

OP
A

amit gala

Right off the assembly line
@keith_j_snyder2
thnx for ur advice..
i m using K8 MM-V quite basic board with 3000+(754).. dint find any vista drivers on Msi site for it so dint go forward for installing vsta...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
U don't have to go on MSI site.AFAIK ur motherboard has a VIA chipset so i think u should go to the VIA site.
I have founf this & i think it might be helpful *www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

This one too:
*drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Via-K8M800-Chipset-16944410-WHQL.shtml

Have fun Dude!

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well the xp drivers will work fine in vista. only disadvantage being you won't be able to use the aero interface. but make sure that u haf at least 768mb ram and 64mb of shared graphics memory. otherwise overall experience will be quite sluggish.

shantanu

Technomancer
and dont buy 5200 @ 1500 coz 6200 is at 1700/- (pci-e) 128 mb.. so say no to 5200 @1500/- you can get a second hand 6200 @ 1500/- i think... or you can try 6600GT or 6800 (second hand)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I also have a via onboard chip.I installed vista & it was running satisfactorily.Only thing is you won't get the aero interface.Also you will not be able to play movies.(It will play like a slideshow)

My configuration:
Processor:pentium 4 @ 2.0 GHZ
Mobo:MSI PM8M-V
Ram:768 MB(64 shared by onboard gfx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom