Futuristic iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The iMac features a 30" utra-thin LCD screen, which is totally transparent when the iMac is not in use. The screen can also be set to various levels of translucency, and can fade during sleep modes etc. The keyboard is also totally tramsparent, low profile and a curved ergonomic design, with light sensitive illuminated keys. Everything is of course, wireless.

Designer: Adam Benton Via: Gizmodo

*www.yankodesign.com/images/Design_News/2006/July_5/future_imac_small.jpg*www.yankodesign.com/images/Design_News/2006/July_5/future_imac2_small.jpg

Source

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
Is it going to be a real product?
only apple corp knows the answer to that but i think it will because of its mind blowing looks.

do take a look at the full size image, follow the source link

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Apple has been at the forefront of technological innovations. Be it sleek design, ease of use of the Mac O.S,
great graphics effects, ergonomic design.When You think about new innovatative things then Mac is the
machine that comes to mind.Ofcourse Microsoft will copy all the Mac O.S features & incorporate it in next
version of Windows , after Vista!!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
JGuru said:
Apple has been at the forefront of technological innovations. Be it sleek design, ease of use of the Mac O.S,
great graphics effects, ergonomic design.When You think about new innovatative things then Mac is the
machine that comes to mind.Ofcourse Microsoft will copy all the Mac O.S features & incorporate it in next
version of Windows , after Vista!!
i wonder after copying apple, how windows sells a lot and i mean a lot more than apple

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
That because Mac caters to a niche audience, not common people. Since Mac is
very expensive. You can buy 2 or even 3 assembled PCs and install Windows for
the same cost of buying a Mac!! Even Bill Gates once said that he uses a Mac laptop
during flights!! Gates even donated around $20 million to Apple, when Apple was
drowning!! I have used the new Mac. You can't describe your experience, when you
use it you know that you use the best one in the world. Windows is total cr@p.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
mAV3 said:
i wonder after copying apple, how windows sells a lot and i mean a lot more than apple

M$ sell only the OS and not the machine required to run it, where as to run OS X you need hardware from Apple :p.

goobimama

 Macboy
Just use a mac for a week and you'll wonder how people buy windows PCs...... Its worth it even at its current high price...

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
JGuru said:
That because Mac caters to a niche audience, not common people. Since Mac is very expensive. You can buy 2 or even 3 assembled PCs and install Windows for the same cost of buying a Mac!! Even Bill Gates once said that he uses a Mac laptop during flights!! Gates even donated around $20 million to Apple, when Apple was drowning!! I have used the new Mac. You can't describe your experience, when you use it you know that you use the best one in the world. Windows is total cr@p
Why the hell u guys still hate him so much.
charangk said:
M$ sell only the OS and not the machine required to run it, where as to run OS X you need hardware from Apple :p.
absolutely true and stupid too...

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
mAV3 said:
absolutely true and stupid too...

Immature comment.

Apple is a hardware company. Microsoft is a software company. Apple sells hardware primarily. Their software is a value addition to the hardware.

I can't still believe ppl read other forums.. and in this age say Apple is expensive. Guys get real.. look at the rates.. If an iMac is worth 75k, then it comes with a 17" widescreeen.*

To the guy who can assemble 3 'windows' machines in the price of one iMac. Dude go out and buy the Core Duo 2.0 ghz and make three machines. Get up. This is 2006 not 1982 and stop reading what was said in 1995.

For those who can't afford an iMac, Mac Mini comes at 34-35k. It comes with an OS worth 6k(no LAME home/professional thing), iLife suite worth 6k and a host of other apps. I know the cost of software in India is ZERO, but consider these additions.. and the 3-4k price difference between Macs and other machines gets justified.

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mail2and said:
Immature comment.

Apple is a hardware company. Microsoft is a software company. Apple sells hardware primarily. Their software is a value addition to the hardware.

I can't still believe ppl read other forums.. and in this age say Apple is expensive. Guys get real.. look at the rates.. If an iMac is worth 75k, then it comes with a 17" widescreeen.*

To the guy who can assemble 3 'windows' machines in the price of one iMac. Dude go out and buy the Core Duo 2.0 ghz and make three machines. Get up. This is 2006 not 1982 and stop reading what was said in 1995.

For those who can't afford an iMac, Mac Mini comes at 34-35k. It comes with an OS worth 6k(no LAME home/professional thing), iLife suite worth 6k and a host of other apps. I know the cost of software in India is ZERO, but consider these additions.. and the 3-4k price difference between Macs and other machines gets justified.
MS being a software company is only part of the answer the thing is apple is rigid to say that our OS work on or systems only .... and honestly ppl the only benefit of a mac is that it is good looking other than that there is not much to it ..... as far as working is considered MS is more widespread and almost all softwares are written for MS .... i dont think it is worth paying 35k for a asthetic piece of crap ..... apple is still for upper middle class and higher class ..... it cannot expect to compete with MS that is for evry1 ..... nothing is justified:???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom