Funny UST Scandal Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

me_ankitroy

Broken In
:mad: Friends,

Can any one tell how to remove this virus....................It doesnot goes even after Reinstalling Windows..........:mad:

mediator

Technomancer
Yeah, this one is going popular I guess!
Neways, the fix is simple! The virus simply copies 3 files in ALL THE PARTITIONS and then when u reinstall windows, it simply auto executes from the files copied to different drives/partitions.

Fix : U need to get those files removed FROM ALL THE PARTITIONS.

Files : 'smss.exe', 'Funny UST scandal.avi.exe', 'autorun.inf' (in all the partitions) and then 'killer.exe', 'net.exe', 'net1.exe' AFAIK in c:\windows\system32

U can search for where the last 3 files exist.

Probably, u won't be able to delete those files as the explorer closes if u open task manager, run anti-infection-ware or try to access those files.

So, the best way is to get a knoppix cd, and delete these files manually and may be then do a reformat+reinstall as a last option!!

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
download kav 6 trial version and do a scan after update *www.kaspersky.com/
i hav done the same in one of my friends computer,kav detects it.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Even my PC is got infected with this virus and it's giving lot of trouble to me. I'm going to check the resolution provided by Abhishek in the posts!

V

vaibhavtek

I never founded Funny UST Scandal Virus in my pc..!!! :))

@ajayritik btw How do u got that Funny UST Scandal Virus

ajayritik

Technomancer
mediator can you email the process to me at my address. You can leave a PM of email address I will mail then you can send me a reply. Vaibhav I connected my friend's iPod to my PC which had that virus.

mediator

Technomancer
The process is the same! What I did was
1. Fired up knoppix 5.1 (Linux distro) and deleted the files I mentioned
2. Formatted the C: drive and installed a clean copy of windows on it.

This one is a nasty virus. But wth, I was about to reformat/reinstall anyways as the windows was working slow again these days. :)

ajayritik

Technomancer
mediator thanks for the info! I don't have the knoppix cd with me. Any other work around for it. Is it really necessary for me to format the C: I was thinking if i can do without reinstalling and formatting C: I found the virus in other drives also do you think I need to format other drives as well. I have lot of data in other drives. I hope I dont have to format the other drives. Where can I get the knoppix CD?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I think ive a copy of this funny UST SCandal virus on ma Phone W 700i which got copied into it due to autorun. Ive removed it from PC but its still there on ma phone. Nd i havnt plugged it again

mediator

Technomancer
Nah, u don't necessarily need knoppix CD. But having one can be more useful than u can think of. It can save u when ur Hardisk has gone nuts and refusing to boot or windows not showing its face. U can do word/presentations quickly, backup data and much more. Its a complete OS on a CD.

But even if u have recent DIGIT cds, then also Ubuntu can back up the data and help u delete those files.

But neways, u don't have to format!! U asked what I did, so I told. U only have to delete the files I mentioned and thats upto u whicheva way its convenient 4 u to delete em.

In 2nd post there is a link which doesn't mention all the files I did, bt mentions some additional files. U can delete all these files which I mentioned+the link one.

I think u shud give a try to windows 98 startup floppy if u don't have knoppix and then delete those nasty files.

But I wud really suggest knoppix to anyone who does thorough maintenence of his PC. Just check it out, its around 700 Mb download ( ISO file )and u have to burn it on a CD and then boot from CDROM.

ajayritik

Technomancer
mediator I have the latest kubuntu CD with me. Do you think that can help me in anyway? I'm trying to download the Knoppix. What is the exact procedure that I should follow if I have the Knoppix CD with me or if I have the kubuntu cd?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Just use the live CD to boot into in nd u can clearly see those files in respective locations . U just delete those nd do a clean install of XP after formating the current one.
Me too once removed this funny thing using a LIVE windows disc nd a clean reinstall after a format of c.
It wont work if u dun format the current windows as the virs will get back from some system files[inside system 32 i think-nd the file name is different inside that].

praka123

left this forum longback
What is Live CD?
basically,livecd's are GNU/Linux CD's/DVD's which can boot from CD and run the Linux OS from CD instead of hdd.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiveCD

even live usb's are there :p
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_USB

now so called win live-cd's are there.but they cant come near Linux livecd's when it comes to immunity as win viruses cant do anything in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom