funny problem with gmail and firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
hi all..
i'm using firefox 1.5.0.1. Now everytime I try to access Gmail, I get a 'Loading....' dialogue on the top left of the screen. But it just stays ther. Nothing happens after that!!! So I can't log into Gmail. But once in a while, it does login without any problems. Now this is most peculiar, cuz i cant get why it log's in sometimes and sometimes it doesnt.
Any solutions?!?!?

and its the exact same problem with IE too!!! Sometimes it logs in and sometimes it doesnt?!?!?

peace..
aditya

navraj

Broken In
It is actually a script that shows "Loading". It takes some time to redirect the gmail and sometimes halts. You can just click refresh if it takes too much time.

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
That wat even I thought. But in the gmail login process, there are two 'Loading' notices that come. First is when the script is being loaded, and that appears on the top left of the window. Second is when the script has already loaded and the loading dialogue apperars in red on the top right of the window.
my problem is that I never get to the second loading dialogue. it always remains on the 1st one itself. clicking on refresh does not help. maybe once a wk it decides to come up and i can check my mail. its really irritataing. pls help

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Me too hv faced the same problem many times, but clicking in the address bar and then pressing the <ENTER> key (i.e., Refreshing the page) works for me!

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
If i use airtel gprs to connect to gmail, IE, Firefox and Opera doesnt work.

But if I use Broadband or Reliance, I can easily access gmail and google talk.
I hope this is not a problem with the service providers...

yashved

Broken In
In firefox, you can disable Javascript from Tools>Options>Content Tab by unticking "Enable Javascript" button. This will disable javascript in Gmail and it will show up the following message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require JavaScript, click here.

If you want to view Gmail on a mobile phone or similar device click here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the Gmail's basic HTML view and you will should not face any problems accessing your account.

Hope this will solve your problems.... :)

satyamy

Alive Again...
adit_sen said:
hi all..
i'm using firefox 1.5.0.1. Now everytime I try to access Gmail, I get a 'Loading....' dialogue on the top left of the screen. But it just stays ther. Nothing happens after that!!! So I can't log into Gmail. But once in a while, it does login without any problems. Now this is most peculiar, cuz i cant get why it log's in sometimes and sometimes it doesnt.
Any solutions?!?!?

and its the exact same problem with IE too!!! Sometimes it logs in and sometimes it doesnt?!?!?

peace..
aditya
Dear Aditya,
U did't specified ur internet you use
As Gmail works on AJAX technonlogy it load full page at once so it take a little more bandwidth
Pls tell us your internet speed may be their is a problem of ur bandwidth you use.....?
After that we can help your further.........

Regards
Satyam Yadav

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
then why don't u update to firefox 2.0? it might solve the problem!
but when i log in it says in my quick contacts that i'm having technical difficulties?????

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
slow connection speed seems to be the problem. Quick contacts-technical difficulties? That is probably a sign of a slow connection.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@cooldudie3

Did u check the thread date before replying? Its one year old thread and most probably the thread starter would be using the latest version now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom