Status
Not open for further replies.

mahender

Broken In
Hi ppl there,

How to upload the files to our site using the SmartFTP. I am unable to connect to the server the error message is below. Please help.

OS - WinXP with SP2

SmartFTP settings: Tools --> Settings --> Connection --> Proxy --> Type: None

SmartFTP v1.1.985.2
Resolving host name 202.65.143.64...
Connecting to (202.65.143.64) -> IP: 202.65.143.64 PORT: 21
Connected to (202.65.143.64) -> Time = 0ms
Socket connected waiting for login sequence.
Connection timeout. No response from server.
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

When I changed the proxy setting to

SmartFTP settings: Tools --> Settings --> Connection --> Proxy --> Type: HTTP Proxy - Connection Tunnel

the error message is

SmartFTP v1.1.985.2
Resolving host name 10.2.2.212...
Resolving host name 202.65.143.64...
Connecting to Proxy (10.2.2.212) -> IP: 10.2.2.212 PORT: 21
Connected to Proxy (10.2.2.212) -> Time = 0ms
220 cascm Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)..

And there are more types are there which type i have to use, the other types are SITE Hostname, OPEN hostname, USER user@host, USER user@host:port, SOCKs 5, SOCKs 4, SOCKs 4A, User@Host FireID, USER User@FireIDHost, USER user@Host FireID, HTTP Proxy - Connection Tunnel

Thanks.

digen

Youngling
Dude make sure you input the username & password required for that ftp site.
As far as I can see it there is nothing to do with a proxy.
When I connected through a ftp client & also from the browser I got a message to input the username & password to access the ftp page.

digen

Youngling
I was just testing it with a anonymous login,it went pretty well upto the username & password authentication.Anonymous logins have been disabled on the server so I couldnt connect,in case if its possible for you then pm me the username password of the ftp site.
*img167.exs.cx/img167/6203/ftpserver2bz.jpg

By any chance are you behind a firewall?

OP
M

mahender

Broken In
Yes I think we are behind firewall. Actually are on a state wide Wide Area Network (WAN) and it is a leased line taken by the Govt. of AP. Our web site is hosted at Pioneer Online situated at Hyderabad. Peviously we used to upload our website files through dial-up connection. With dial-up it worked fine. But when are trying with our WAN connection then we are facing with this problem same with the Outlook Express also. We are unable to connect to through this WAN connection.

We are able to browse the net without any problems.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well if he was behind a restricted firewall then he wouldnt have got a 503 error he would have gotten a 403 error access forbidden. So I guess u can ftp but the problem seems to rest on your ftp server which is asking for authentication. Check your ftp server and make sure all the passwords are proper. Also try and see if you can ftp to other sites and see if that works.

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi,

Just wanted to know what kind of proxy software is being used. Many of the light-weight free ones do a terrible job as far as giving FTP access is concerned. Is FTP access turned "on" in the proxy server?

I am not sure if SmartFTP supports passive mode (or whether the server does the same). Please try turning on the option in Smart FTP if it is there.

DH

digen

Youngling
Naa ice actually I wasnt thinking w.r.t a firewall blocking outbound connection but instead the active mode of the ftp server which could be blocked by the firewall itself.
But since they could access it using dial-up that rules out the possibility,but it would be worth checking.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Let me suggest a simple way.
Visit Surftp.com.
It's an online ftp service.
You can

Navigate the FTP server
Upload files
Download files
Zip files
Copy, move and delete
Copy files to a 2nd FTP server

and more...Try it..

OP
M

mahender

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys. surftp.com is very good. But is it safe to use. However, my actual problems still exists. Any help.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
mahnder, so do we understand from this that you CAN ftp to other sites ? If so then it is your ftp server issue. If it is an internal proxy then try ftp from the command prompt and see if that works. If not then the ftp is the issue. See if you can setup a user/pass and access the site.

OP
M

mahender

Broken In
ftp server is not located at our place. It is in our State Headquarters.

What do you mean by

See if you can setup a user/pass and access the site.

can you elaborate

because I already have a username and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom